Looking for that Perfect Gift? Don't Tax Yourself!
- Gift Aid opt-out suggestion. Pudelek, Jenna // Third Sector;9/24/2013, Issue 769, p5
The article reports on the suggestion by University of Warwick economics professor Kimberley Scharf that the British government should form an opt-out scheme for Gift Aid in which local taxpayers will be included in a national register unless they chose not to be.
- Charitable contributions: Back to the basics. Turville, Mary // National Public Accountant;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p10
Presents questions and answers related to tax deduction for charitable contributions in the United States. Amount paid to babysitter as part of deduction; Types of qualifying organizations; Expenses of a foreign exchange student as charitable contribution; Rules on deduction of car expenses to...
- THE CHARITABLE DEDUCTION GAMES: MIMICKING IMPACT INVESTING. Johnson, Khrista // University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law;Summer2015, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1257
The article addresses an issue that could result in profound changes in the ability of the United States to resolve the most pressing humanitarian and global problems of our times. It provides an analysis of the tools required to enable US donors to do more good. In an efficient market, capital...
- Nine tips for charitable taxpayers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/29/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p3
The article offers tips on deducting charitable donations from taxation, which include contributing only to qualified organizations, itemizing deductions, and keeping good records of contributions made.
- When it Comes to Charitable Deductions, Know the Rules. Gaston-Harper, Lavestia // Tennessee Tribune;1/2/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3A
The article offers tax deduction tips for an effective charitable donation of clothing and household items, money, and automobiles.
- Travel Fund Donations Needed. // Tradition & Discovery;Oct2015, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p4
The article announces the need for more tax deductible contributions to Polanyi Society to replenish the Travel Fund to enable young scholars' participation in Atlanta and Madison, Wisconsin.
- Let JCF simplify your year-end giving. Staffenberg, Daniel // New Jersey Jewish News;11/5/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 45, p29
The article focuses on the program Donor Advised Fund (DAF) with the organization Jewish Community Foundation (JCF) of Greater MetroWest New Jersey (NJ) that can help donors to practice family philanthropy and receive tax deductions for the year ending 2015.
- Using appreciated shares of stocks to fund charitable gifts. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/9/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the use of appreciated shares of stock as currency to fund charitable gifts. He mentions the two benefits of using appreciated shares which are charitable itemized deduction of tax and the gain on the transferred shares is not included as taxable...
- Get more tax mileage from car donation. // Small Business Tax Strategies;Oct2012, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p5
The article focuses on the strategy on getting more tax mileage from a car donation. It explores the 2004 tax law provision which requires tax deduction to the amount that the vehicle is sold for. It mentions several requirements when donating a car for charity such as one saying that the...