NEW NATIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR REFERRAL/CONSULTATIONS under development
- Medical Marihuana: More Knowledge and Clinical Guidance Needed. Reid, Anna // Canadian Journal of Addiction;Sep2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p21
The article offers the author's insights on the legal aspects of using marijuana for clinical and medicinal purposes in Canada. Topics discussed include the therapeutic use of marijuana under the Canada's Food and Drugs Act (FDA), the findings of the Canadian Medical Association's (CMA) survey...
- New dosage limits for medical marijuana: But where's the science? Comeau, Pauline // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/11/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p556
The article reports that the Canadian federal department Health Canada is recommending more studies for authorized marijuana use by doctors. Health Canada medical marijuana officers cite three studies including "Medical Cannabis: Rationale Guidelines for Dosing," while recommending 1-3 grams of...
- Changes to medical marijuana system unwise, CMA president says. Turcotte, Bradley // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);4/11/2013, Issue 254, p11
The article reports on the opposition of the president of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to the changes proposed by the Health Canada in the national medical marijuana system.
- Reporting adverse reactions and continuing education. // WHO Drug Information;2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p276
The article provides information about an online course developed by the Canadian Medical Association in association with Health Canada. The course is titled as "Physician Reporting of Adverse (Drug) Reactions." The reference resources for the online course are available in the form of...
- Rural Medicine, Part II. // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Oct2010, Vol. 34 Issue 214, p88
The article highlights the results of a survey by the Canadian Medical Association which show that over 80 percent of the 2,000 rural physicians in 2008 and 2009 chose rural medicine for the lifestyle and because it offered them the opportunity to use their full skill set.
- CMA ANNOUNCES 2015 AWARD WINNERS. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/14/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p772
The article announces the awardees for the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) 2015 Awards including Michael Kaufmann as the 2015 Physician Misericordia Award, Norman Campbell for the Frederic Newton Gisborne Starr Award and the Award for Excellence in Health Promotion presented to the Norlien...
- Be wary of "prescribing" medical marijuana, CMA warns. Owens, Brian // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/13/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 8, pE235
The article focuses on the warning issued by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to physicians to be wary of prescribing medical marijuana under the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations that will take effect on April 1, 2014. Topics covered include the qualifications for prescribing...
- New CEO links CMA's future to Internet, knowledge economy. Gray, Charlotte // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/13/99, Vol. 161 Issue 1, p69
Profiles Dr. Peter Vaughan, secretary-general of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). Details of his education; Reasons for entering the medical profession; Plans for the future of the CMA.
- The Canadian Medical Foundation strategic plan charts course toward a healthier physician. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/16/2012 Best Practice Supplement, p1
The article discusses the strategic plan charts of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) regarding health of physicians.