MD LOUNGE goes online
- Tips for Using YouTube in Medical Education. Jaffar, Akram A. // Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p102
The role of online social networks in our everyday life has become crucial and undeniable. YouTube is a mainstay in online social networks. Created in 2005, YouTube is the third most visited Web site on the internet. Its educational value has been exemplified by the establishment of YouTube...
- Dermatology and social networking sites. Madke, Bhushan // Indian Dermatology Online Journal;Sep-Dec2012, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p211
The author presents insights into archiving clinical information in the field of dermatology on social networking sites. These sites are utilized by postgraduate students, teachers, physicians and patients as a repository of clinical photographs, medical forums and opinions. Medical conferences,...
- Joys of joining the Twitterati. Nelmes, Pam // Nursing Standard;7/11/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p72
Pam Nelmes says students have much to learn from using Twitter -- even if it has to be expressed in 140 characters.
- Advancing social media in medical education. Davis, Wendy M.; Ho, Kendall; Last, Jason // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/19/2015, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p549
The authors discuss the value of online social media as a teaching and learning tool in medical education and examine some known risks and mitigating strategies. Topics discussed include the use of online social media as a communication tool by medical students, the incorporation of YouTube...
- The reported preparedness and disposition by students in a Nigerian university towards the use of information technology for medical education. Fadeyi, A.; Desalu, O. O.; Ameen, A.; Muhammed Adeboye, A. N. // Annals of African Medicine;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p129
Background: The computer and information technology (IT) revolution have transformed modern health care systems in the areas of communication, storage, retrieval of medical information and teaching, but little is known about IT skill and use in most developing nations. Objectives: The aim of...
- Four years to paperlessness. McCrimmon, Fiona // GP: General Practitioner;4/15/2002, p50
Focuses on the use of information technology (IT) in medical consultation. Use of computers in prescribing treatment; Consequences in using computers for medical consultations; Role of health authority concerning IT in medical consultations.
- CCC unveils new compliance portal. B. C. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
The article reviews the new online compliance portal of Center for Communication Compliance (CCC).
- Loyola University Dermatology Medical Education. // Medicine on the Net;Nov2010, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p21
The article reviews the web site Loyola University Dermatology Medical Education, located at www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/medicine/dermatology/melton/title.htm.
- CMEinfo.com. // Medicine on the Net;May2006, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
Reviews the web site CMEinfo.com, www.cmeinfo.com