BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Gibbons, Kent; Haugsted, Linda; Moss, Linda; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p8
The article presents news briefs about the entertainment industry in the U.S. The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has created a category for registrants to its show in January 2008, the Bloggers. GSN's educational game show "National Vocabulary Championship" in Nashville, Tennessee, has...
- LAUNCHES & ACQUISITIONS. // Expo Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. CMP Media Inc. has acquired Boston-based Mass Events Labs Co. for $1.2 million from its founders. CMP Corp. in Manhasset, New York has acquired Colorado Springs-based Think Service Inc. The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) in...
- Switched Digital Video Architectures. // CED;Nov2009 Supplement, p1
The article reviews several switched digital video architecture softwares, including the ConvergeMedia Manager from Arris Group Inc., the SDV network architecture from BigBand Networks Inc. and the end-to-end video delivery solution from Harmonic Inc.
- MARKET WATCH. // Retailing Today;11/6/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p4
The article offers news briefs related to retail trade in the U.S. Amazon.com Inc. is adding an auto parts and accessories store featuring many new, used and remanufactured parts. The Consumer Electronics Association is withdrawing their plans to launch a gaming event in 2007. IKEA Inc....
- Q1 Tech Sales Mostly Softer. Sprangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on the weak sales suffered by majority of the video and data equipment suppliers industry for the first quarter of 2009 in the U.S. The author states that the revenue of Cisco Systems and Harmonic have suffered a double-digit decline following Motorola and Arris Group....
- BigBand Networks. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p33
Focuses on the utilization of bandwidth by BigBand Networks Inc. in the U.S. Recruitment of processing and routing veterans from other companies; Development of Broadband Multimedia Service Router; Allocation of capacity and resources to service.
- BigBand Networks. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on U.S.-based BigBand Networks' signing of a multi-year agreement with Verizon to deliver an advanced video services infrastructure for Verizon's FiOS TV rollout.
- STATELINE. // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
This section offers news briefs in the U.S. as of July 2009. HealthFitness was appointed by the Nebraska government to handle its health management scheme for over 17,000 state employees. About 1.3 million dollars is the amount of money that the state hopes to save by mowing the grass along...
- Morning Scan: HSBC to Cut Up to 50,000 Jobs, Refocus U.S. Unit; HELOC Rate Resets. // American Banker;6/10/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 89, p0
This section offers news briefs related to banking in the U.S. as of June 10, 2015. Topics discussed include the plan of HSBC to downsize its global workforce as a cost-cutting measure, proposal of the federal government to cancel the loans of students who are fraudulently coerced to enroll at...