Speaking Frank(en)ly on NBCU Deal
- Franken urges investigation of Comcast. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;5/8/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 56, p19
The article focuses on a letter sent by Senator Al Franken to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Department of Justice pushing an investigation charge on Comcast Corp. in the alleged anticompetitive conduct.
- Senator Franken Cries Foul on Comcast Merger. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on the criticism by Minnesota Senator Al Franken of Comcast Corp.'s merger with the NBC Universal Inc.
- Franken queries Kagan. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 78, p12
The article reports on the inquiry of Senator Al Franken regarding the views of Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan on the merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S.
- Looks Like We Made It. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p4
The author discusses the survival of wireless operators in the U.S. from scarcity of startup money as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reviewed the billing rules of the sector. She states that Senator Al Franken has filed a complaint at the FCC regarding the lack of information...
- As FCC Clarifies, Acquirors Listen, for Now. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the mergers and acquisitions trend in the United States telecommunications industry. Pending mergers in the industry; Rules of the United States Federal Communication Commission.
- FCC to Speed Merger Review Process. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May2000, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p24
Informs on the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission to speed up its merger review process. Web site; 180-day timetable; Draft proposal being the response to two earlier events.
- Washington Watch. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/7/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 41, p28
Reports developments related to television broadcasting in Washington D.C as of October 2002. Investigations made by the Federal Communications Commission on the retransmission-consent practices of broadcast networks; Merger of EchoStar and DirectTV; Need for the government to subsidize...
- FCC Closes Book on Disney Record Flap. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p38
Reports the efforts of the Federal Communications Commission to investigate antitrust issues against Walt Disney Co. in the United States. Allegations of America Online Inc. against Walt; Merger between American Online and Time Warner Inc.; Concerns over information disclosure to competitors;
- FCC revisits red flag. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;10/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 45, p19
Reports the reconsideration of the radio mergers policy by the FCC in the United States. Proposal of guidelines for the consolidation deals; Establishment of the policy by FCC Chairman William Kennard; Effect of the absence of policy guidelines on FCC.