FitTV Adds Discovery Health Fare
- Reality TV Isn't As Real As It Seems. Shaver, Jennipher // Fitness Business Pro;Nov2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p80
The author reflects on the weight-loss promotions on reality television in the U.S. She relates several reality shows that promote weigh-loss in just a matter of months. However, she argues that these reality shows are promoting more on drama rather than weight lose, while some celebrities have...
- 'THE DOCTORS': RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM. Fees, Jarre // Television Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p46
The article focuses on the responsibility of the medical talk show "The Doctors," on CBS network, to inform the public about health care. According to Executive Producer Jay McGraw, "The Doctor" is an entertainment show with real people, showing real situations in an in-depth way. Terry Wood,...
- C IS FOR â€¦ CAULIFLOWER? Acosta, Kim; Pepper, Leslie // Shape;Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p130
Focuses on the television show "Healthy Habits for Life," to teach kids the importance of exercise and nutrition.
- TV fitness programs are helping viewers stay fit and healthy. // Jet;04/21/97, Vol. 91 Issue 22, p16
Announces that television fitness programs are helping viewers to stay fit and healthy. Comments from Victoria Johnson of `Victoria's Body Shoppe' on the Sports Network; Lifetime, ESPN, The Family Channel and FiT TV as other cable networks offering fitness programs.
- Fitness Gets TV Time. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2002, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p41
Provides information on the broadcast of television programs about physical fitness in the U.S.
- Tune in to tone up. Welch, Dawn // Shape;Feb96, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p37
Lists fitness programs on ESPN2. `Cory Everson's Gotta Sweat'; `Fitness Beach'; `Crunch Fitness.'
- Tube Tops. // Men's Fitness;Feb2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p60
The article reports on must-see midseason television shows and reminds viewer not to forget the must-do exercises. "Lost," a television serial, is ready for telecast and are reminded to do 10 pushups any time a character has a flashback/-flash-forward. As the telecast of "24,"unveils, the author...
- Miracle Workers. Tanne, Janice Hopkins // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/18/2006, Vol. 332 Issue 7542, p673
The article reviews the television program called "Miracle Workers."
- Your life in their hands. Bognolo, Giulio // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/20/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7441, p716
Reviews the television program "Your life in their hands," a series of medical documentaries aired in the United Kingdom.