Morgan Stanley Raises $1B Mezz Fund
- Morgan Stanley Credit Partners Raises $1B for Second Fund. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;1/12/2015, p10
The article focuses on the one billion U.S. dollar capital raised by Morgan Stanley Credit Partners for a second private fund that invests in the mezzanine debt of middle market companies in North America and Western Europe, in January 2015.
- Morgan Stanley Invests Mezz in H.D. Vest LBO. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/24/2011, p3
The article reports the 43 million dollar mezzanine loan provided by Morgan Stanley Credit Partners to assist in the acquisition of H.D. Vest by Parthenon Capital Partners and Lovell Minnick Partners, and Fisher Lynch.
- Leveraged Loan Funds Back in Style. // High Yield Report;10/15/2012, p7
The article reports a 14 percent increase in assets under management in mutual funds that invest in noninvestment grade corporate loans in the first nine months of 2012, according to Thomson Reuters LPC.
- Aegon bond fund takes out debt default cover. // Fund Strategy;8/15/2011, p10
The article reports on the market strategy adopted by Aegon High Yield Bond fund. It mentions Aegon has taken out an insurance against debt default to protect its portfolio against market falls. It also mentions the firm has put 10 percent of his portfolio into a credit default swap in an effort...
- LIBERAL NORMS FOR PRIVATE PFs. R. J. // Business Today;9/7/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p38
The article reports on the revision of the investment guidelines for private provident funds (PFs). The new guidelines are described as more liberal and have granted a higher proportion of the corpus to be invested in stock markets as well as in corporate debt. The move aims to provide private...
- Health Management Associates Inc. Announces Closing of Its New Credit Facilities, Private $875 Mln Debt Offering and GAAP Interest Rate Swap Accounting. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;11/21/2011, Vol. 21, p82
The article reports on the move of Health Management Associates Inc. to offer 872 million dollars total principal amount of its 7.375% Senior Notes due 2020 in private placement in Naples, Florida. It states that the new New Credit Facilities are secured by all assets of the company and is...
- Cyprium Backs Network Hardware Resale. CODY, TAMIKA // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/4/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p5
This article reports on the move of Cyprium Investment Partners to use its third fund to invest in Network Hardware Resale in 2011. The pre-owned and new networking solutions provider has received subordinated debt and equity from the private equity firm. The financial backing will enable the...
- Competition Pushes Mezzanine Down-Market. Kantin, Kerry // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p12
The article reports that mezzanine lenders are providing debt financing for lower middle-market companies. The lower middle market, in the view of many market participants, is made up of companies with about $20 million or less in Ebitda which is earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and...
- Unwinding the Debt that Binds. Fleming, Sibley // National Real Estate Investor;Jun2009, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p16
The article offers information on the critical steps taken by real estate investment trust (REIT) to deleverage and clean up their tangled balance sheets with stock offerings and other equity-raising exercises in the U.S. It states that to bolster the company's liquidity, it has fought back with...