Sallie Mae Issues $2B in Senior Notes
- SLM Corp. Plans HY Deal for $500M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/23/2013, p15
The article highlights the plan of U.S. student loan provider SLM Corp. or Sallie Mae to use the proceeds from its 500 million U.S. dollars offering for general corporate purposes which will likely include refinancing some of the 1.245 billion U.S. dollars in debt coming due in October 2013.
- SLM Sells $1.25B in New Notes. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/23/2013, p23
The article highlights the plan of student loan provider SLM Corp. or Sallie Mae to use the proceeds from its 1.25 billion U.S. dollars bond offering for general corporate purposes which will likely include refinancing some of the 1.245 billion U.S. dollars in debt coming due in October 2013.
- SLM Offering Benchmark Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;3/31/2014, p1
The article reports on the launch by student loan provider SLM Corp. of a bond offering on March 31, 2014.
- Sallie Mae rebels push own privatization plan. // American Banker;3/12/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 48, p18
Reports on the Committee to Restore Value at Sallie Mae's call for the reconsideration of a plan to privatize the company and an alternative board of directors for the proposed new entity. Charges of the dissident group's speaker Albert Lord regarding the company's privatization plan; Sallie...
- Vote pushes Sallie toward origination business. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;5/12/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 90, p1
Reports on the agreement of shareholders of the Student Loan Marketing Association for the company to compete against banks in originating student loans. Acquisition of assets; Opposition of banking officials; Advantage of sophisticated servicing systems.
- Sallie Mae reports earnings rose 9... last year, to $430 million. // American Banker;1/13/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the Student Loan Marketing Association's earnings in 1993. Percentage increase; Increase in portfolio of student loans; Student loan purchases; Factor behind the growth; Total assets as of December 31, 1993; Decrease in outstanding advances to education lenders; Total outstanding...
- Sallie Mae prepays entire FFB debt. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/21/94 & 3/28/94, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p6
Reports on Sallie Mae's prepayment of outstanding debt to the Federal Financing Bank (FFB), taking advantage of low interest rates and narrow credit spreads to extend maturities. Issuing of debt and equity securities in global capital markets.
- Sallie Mae surfs loan refi wave. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;11/18/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the consolidation loan of the Student Loan Marketing Association (Sallie Mae). Incorporation of Sallie Mae's first-ever auction rate securities and first foray into the European markets; Number of tranches being offered on a global basis through Credit Suisse First Boston and Salomon...
- Sallie Mae and dissidents agree on a divided ballot. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;5/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 102, p2
Reports that Sallie Mae and its dissident shareholders have agreed to separate voting on the issues of privatization and who will manage the company. Cancellation of the scheduled shareholders meeting; Selection of a board of directors; Different plans for Sallie Mae's future.