Sourcefire [FIRE]: Sourcefire Acquires Firm Supplying Anti-Virus Software for Cloud
- Sourcefire Acquires Firm That Provides Anti-Virus Software For Cloud Computing. // Defense Daily;1/6/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p10
The article presents information on the acquisition of Immunet by Sourcefire Inc. for 17 million dollar cash and more 4 million dollars in ear out provisions in 18 months. Sourcefire is cyber security firm and Immunet is a provider of cloud computing-based anti-malware products and will extend...
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;1/18/2011, Issue 3, p139
The article reports on the acquisition of the company Immunet by Sourcefire Inc. It informs that Sourcefire has acquired Immunet to add a cloud computing platform for delivery of malware protection. As per Sourcefire, the deal will help it to combine its network intrusion prevention system with...
- Cisco Acquisition Of Sourcefire Clears One Hurdle. // Defense Daily;9/ 4/2013, p9
The article reports that networking equipment supplier Cisco has satisfied a requirement in its bid to buy network security firm Sourcefire when it ended the Hart-Scott-Rodino review period for its 2.7-billion-dollar acquisition deal.
- Check Point Not Sour on U.S. Firms. Roberts, Paul F. // InfoWorld;11/27/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p11
The article discusses the action of Israeli company Check Point Software Technologies to look outside the U.S. and acquire Swedish firm Protect Data AB. Check Point CEO Gil Shwed said that the acquisition had nothing to do with the outcome of the failed acquisition of U.S. firm Sourcefire due to...
- The Bull Rush in Tech M&A. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/30/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p21
The article examines the surge of mergers and acquisition activities in the technology industry. ArcSight Inc. has announced its possible sale following Intel's acquisition of McAfee while analysts at Lazard Capital Markets expect SourceFire to be the next to be sold. Systems providers such as...
- Hog-Riled. Mimoso, Michael S. // Information Security;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p19
Comments on the acquisition of Sourcefire, the commercial arm of the open-source IDS Snort, by Check Point. Possible benefits of the acquisition for IDS Snort; View of Snort creator and Sourcefire CTO Mary Roesch on the acquisition; Controversies surrounding the acquisition.
- Dubai Port Scrutiny Dooms Snort Acquisition. Mimoso, Michael S. // Information Security;May2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the dissolved acquisition of Sourcefire by Check Point Software Technologies. Factors that led to the end of the acquisition; Description of Snort; Possible benefits from the merger.
- Cisco Announces Agreement to Acquire Sourcefire. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;07/26/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p9
The article reports on the acquisition by networking equipment manufacturer Cisco of cybersecurity provider Sourcefire in July 2013. It states that the two companies will combine their products, technologies and research teams to provide threat protection before, during and after an attack from...
- CHECK POINT TARGETS INTRUSION PREVENTION. Hooper, Larry // CRN;10/10/2005, Issue 1166, p12
This article reports that Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. aims to expand its presence in the intrusion prevention market with the acquisition of Sourcefire Inc. Sourcefire maintains the open source Snort IPS. Check Point said last week that it plans to buy Sourcefire for $225 million. The...