MorphoTrak Introduces MorphoIDent Mobile Biometric Device
- Progressive products. // Automatic I.D. News;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 12, pS-26
Features various biometric products. Includes magnetic stripe systems; Magnetic cad readers; Face recognition system.
- The new measures. Brown, Randy // Buildings;Sep97, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p28
Discusses the use of body measurements to verify a person's identity. Availability of systems that can identify an individual by voice, eye scan, facial pattern, hand geometry and fingerprint recognition; Statistics of biometric devices used in 1996; Estimated growth in number by the year 2000;...
- Anyone can dupe biometric scanner. Hecht, Jeff // New Scientist;10/2/2010, Vol. 208 Issue 2780, p01
The article examines a report issued by the U.S. National Research Council which suggests that natural changes in the human body cause biometrics systems to be inherently infallible. These changes include age and health-induced morphologies and the fact that prints from the same finger can...
- The one and only you. Millman, Howard // InfoWorld;06/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p87
Reports on the increasing popularity of biometric security systems. Factors influencing the growing interest in such security devices; Uses of biometric security systems in a corporate office environment; Barriers restraining the growth of biometrics; Series of biometric security devices under...
- Percentage of measurable cataract cases shown in studies. Hill, Warren E.; Holladay, Jack T.; Olsen, Thomas // Ophthalmology Times;12/15/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding proprietary biometer in the July 1, 2009 issue.
- Up Close and Personal. Koerner, Brendan I. // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Investigates the effectiveness of biometric scanners to fight terrorism in the United States. Features of biometric tools; Plan of installation of device in number of airports; Advantages and disadvantages in using the devices; Projection growth of biometrics industry in 2005.
- Stride by Stride. // ASEE Prism;Summer2012, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p36
The article offers brief information on the Squid shirt developed by four students at Northeastern University based on the concept of Under Armour E39 biometric shirt.
- Software by natural selection. Antonoff, M. // Popular Science;Oct91, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p70
Discusses how genetic algorithms, a branch of computer science inspired by biology, hold great promise for programmers, engineers, economists and investors. They consist of step-by-step rules for solving complex problems in which a computer develops its own software and teaches itself the best...
- DNA computing: Arrival of Biological Mathematics. Kari, Lila // Mathematical Intelligencer;Spring97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p9
Looks at biological mathematics, focusing on DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) computing. Classical illustrations of biological mathematics; Contribution of Leonard Adleman to the field of biological mathematics; Description provided of how DNA strings may be used to encode information; Use of...