Boeing [BA]: FLIR Corp. [FLIR]: Griffon Corp. [GFF]: Napolitano Directs Flexible Use of Technologies for Border Security
- A Spin with Napolitano. del Bosque, Melissa // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;3/11/2011, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano issues a message to conservatives concerning the security at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- DHS: Intel-sharing on terror lacking. Yager, Jordy // Hill;10/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 111, p6
The article reports that according to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano communication between federal, state and local enforcement in preventing future terrorist attacks is in the developmental stage in the U.S.
- Napolitano: Work site enforcement, border security connected. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Dec2009, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the statement of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano that work site enforcement directly supports the border security measures of the Department of Homeland Security in California. Napolitano states that keeping immigrants from crossing the border depends on...
- No Imminent Change In Airport Shoe Removal. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p3
The article reports that Janet Napolitano, Security Secretary of Homeland in Baltimore, Maryland, has stated that due to the technological limitations in the security systems the passengers at the airport could be asked to remove their shoes.
- DHS To Transfer $50 Million In SBInet Funds To Other Border Security Technologies. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;3/18/2010, Vol. 245 Issue 51, p5
The article discusses the reallocation of dollars 50 million in Recovery Act dedicated for Boeing Co.'s Secure Border Initiative (SBInet), to other security technologies. Reportedly, Homeland Security Secretary (HSS), Janet Napolitano announced the reallocation of funds to alternative tested...
- The Napolitano ERA. HASSON, JUDI; VERTON, DAN // HS Today;Sep2013, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p22
The article offers information about Janet Napolitano, the former secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Topics include her appointment as the president of the University of California system, her role in the improvement of the efficiency of DHS, and the coordinated emergency...
- TEN YEARS AFTER. CLARK, CHARLES S. // Government Executive;Sep2011, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p30
The article presents information on the efforts of the U.S. Homeland Security to implement recommendations issued in 2004 by the congressionally appointed independent 9/11 commission under secretary Janet Napolitano. The report revealed measures adopted by the government in creating and updating...
- Napolitano reinforces counterterrorism agreement with Slovak Republic. Roberts, Mary Rose // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/22/2011, p1
The article discusses the meeting between U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Slovak Interior Minister Daniel LiÅ¡ic. Both officials seek to discuss the commitment of the two countries in combating transnational crime and terrorism and enhancing data-sharing and...
- Arizona under Napolitano. FRANCIS-FUJIMURA, SARA // HS Today;Jan2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p32
The article looks at the leadership of Janet Napolitano, secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as former governor of Arizona. A Customs officer in Yuma hopes that Napolitano would bring her enforcement-minded attitude to Washington, D.C. as she assumes duties as DHS...