What Influences 401(k) Borrowing and Loan Size?
- 'I've got this 401(k) loanï¿½. Miller, Mark W. // Medical Economics;9/19/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 18, p68
Focuses on the status of a 401(k) loan when changing jobs in the U.S. Terms of current employer; Repayment terms.
- Be careful when considering 401(k) loans. Grill Jr, Norman G. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/13/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 37, p11
The article discusses basic rules of loans taken out from 401(k) plans and the issues related to them.
- Is it ever smart to borrow from your 401(k)? Branch, Jessica // Glamour;Oct98, Vol. 96 Issue 10, p142
Presents the possible risks of borrowing from a 401(k) retirement account. Big payroll withdrawals; High interest rates; Penalties.
- Is borrowing from your 401 (k) ever a good idea? Pomerantz, Carrie // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/11/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 45, p1D
The article focuses on the things to consider when borrowing money from 401(k) plan.
- Should You Borrow Early Funds From Your 401k? Dunkin, Russell // State Journal (WV);5/20/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p18
In this article the author offers opinion on how one can determine that borrowing funds from a 401k plan before retirement will be beneficial.
- Group wants deferral ceiling axed. Inklebarger, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;2/7/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that the Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association (DCIIA) wants to remove a ten percent cap on automatic escalation deferral rates for participants of the 401(k) plan.
- New funding concept targets 401(k) holders. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/14/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p45
Describes the mortgage acceptance plan (MAP) concept for funding home mortgages in the United States. Eligibility of employees participating in 401(K) plans in the program; Comparison with conventional mortgage loan payments; MAP loan underwriting.
- 401(k) Plans: A Call to Action. Hobson, Mellody // Black Enterprise;Jul2012, p40
The article urges employers in the U.S. to boost up auto-enroll to 401(k) plans, ease loan repayment and discourage withdrawals to keep employees protected in their retirement. She presents a recap of her 2009 column about the challenges African Americans face in maximizing the benefits of such...
- Employees need help resisting cookie jars. Blassingame, Kelley M. // Employee Benefit News;9/15/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p49
Discusses the need for helping employees not to make a loan from a 401(k) account. Percentage of eligible 401(k) plan participants that borrowed from their accounts in 1998; Risks to borrowing from such accounts; Advice from Clare Bergquist, communications director for Strong Retirement Plan...