Indonesia And Vietnam Set To Be Favourites For FDI
- Introduction. Singh, Daljit // Southeast Asian Affairs;2013, pxi
An introduction is presented to articles in this issue including a survey of economic conditions in Southeast Asia, "Divided or Together? Southeast Asia in 2012 and "Southeast Asia in America's Rebalance to the Asia-Pacific."
- Introduction. Singh, Daljit // Southeast Asian Affairs;2014, pix
The article provides an overview of political, economic, and foreign-relations developments in the Southeast Asia region during the year 2013. It discusses the political turmoil in Thailand, the Cambodian election, and ongoing political reform in Myanmar, or Burma. Other topics include...
- THE EFFICIENCY, SUFFICIENCY, COMPETITIVENESS AND POTENTIAL OF THE ASIAN ECONOMY AND CHALLENGES TO ASIAN PRODUCTIVITY. Chitakornkijsil, Pranee // International Journal of Organizational Innovation;Spring2009, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p4
In this study, global competitiveness and change are considered. Next, the comparative advantage of Thai exports is addressed. This is followed by a comparative advantage of other countries, including the competitiveness and cooperation for foreign direct investment in ASEAN regions. Competition...
- Foreword. Tan Chin Tiong // Southeast Asian Affairs;2014, pvii
An introduction is presented in which the author, director of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, notes that the publication is an annual review of the Southeast Asian region covering the year 2013 and cites topics including economic growth, geopolitics, and tensions in the South China Sea.
- Bandung's New Global Agenda. MOHANTY., MANORANJAN // Economic & Political Weekly;1/9/2016, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p25
The article discusses the highlights of the Bandung Spirit Conference conducted in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Bandung from October 27 to 31, 2015. Topics covered include the conference featured the Bandung Message 2015 for enhancing South Asia-Southeast Asia cooperation and the New...
- A REGION on the RISE. Thebaud, Cindy // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2014, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p16
In this article, the author talks about the need for the U.S. to establish foreign relations with Southeast Asian nations, which are known for the success of their maritime areas, in 2014. Topics discussed include the economic condition in Southeast Asian countries, the presence of the U.S. Navy...
- The Solidarity Economy in South East Asia. Asean, Durian // Grassroots Economic Organizing Newsletter;Jun2015, p1
The article focuses on the status of solidarity economy in the ASEAN, a political and economic organization of South East Asian countries.
- Asia Monitor: South East Asia Vol 2. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, preceding p1
The article offers information on political risk and macroeconomic prospects in South East Asia as of June 2013. It states that the growth of gross domestic product (GDP) in Malaysia will become relatively strong, despite the rebound in semiconductors exports and industrial productions. It...
- THE NEW ASEAN TIGER. Jones, Tegan // PM Network;Nov2014, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p9
The article focuses on the Association of Southeast Nations (ASEAN) which is projected to become the world's fourth-largest economy by 2050 and the challenges faced by project managers with the growth in its economy. Topics discussed include the region's project management practices that are...