Clear as mud
- DISSERTATION ABSTRACT. Usborne, Cornelie // German History;Jun98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p220
Focuses on the study of citizenship, nationality and alien status from 1815 to 1870 in Great Britain. Definition of citizenship; Status of foreigners in the country; Reasons for the discrimination against foreigners.
- Asylum seekers who beg are threatened with deportation. Meilton, David // Public Finance;04/07/2000, p11
Reports on Great Britain Immigration's deportation of any foreign national arrested for begging. Aimed at expelling undesirable asylum seekers.
- Halifax withdraws its repatriate mortgage while it carries out internal review. Thickett, Robert // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);11/12/2012, p44
The article reports on the launch of expatriate mortgage by lending firm Halifax.
- WHEN EXPATS COME HOME. Gylen, Ellen // Estates Gazette;2/9/2013, Issue 1306, p115
The article discusses the best ways in which British expatriates (expats) can adapt when working overseas and at home. It describes the challenges experienced by Cluttons business development partner Christopher Waight when he returned to Great Britain after working for five years in Dubai in...
- Conservatives plotting non-dom clampdown. Sands, Mark // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/9/2015, p10
The article reports that the British Tories are assessing a move to counter the pledge of the Labour Party to scrap non-domiciled status by preventing individuals from inheriting the status. A report from "The Times" newspaper says that British Chancellor George Osborne considers blocking...
- The Bahraini Three On St. Helena, 1956-1961. Joyce, Miriam // Middle East Journal;Autumn2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p613
Examines the impact of the imprisonment of three Bahrainis on the British Island of Saint Helena in 1956, on the relation between Bahrain and Great Britain. Role of Great Britain in the exile of the three Bahrainis; Archaic nature of Great Britain's role in the Persian Gulf; Impact of the March...
- Visits to the UK fell in 2008. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Aug2009, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the decline in the number of overseas residents who visited Great Britain in 2008 compared with 2007 figures, according to the International Passenger Survey. A record high of 16.3 billion pounds were spent by overseas residents in Great Britain, which marked a 2.3%...
- Enemy aliens? Holmes, Colin // History Today;Sep90, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p25
Examines Britain's 1940 internment policy that affected British residents of Austrian, German and Italian descent. Three categories of enemy aliens; Conditions in the internment camps; Impact of internment on the enemy alien internees.
- TEA & ANTIPATHY An American Family in Swinging London. // Kirkus Reviews;11/1/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 21, p192
No abstract available.