How I saved 16,000 Pounds on my dream dining table
- Redbook's get-it-all-for-less guide. Dykstra, Katherine // Redbook;Apr2003, Vol. 200 Issue 4, p86
Provides tips on shopping for less expensive home decoration appliance and furniture.
- Our Furniture Favorites. Hamilton, Julia // Southern Living;Spring2002 Special Issue, Vol. 37, p123
Presents tips in buying furnitures. Importance of prioritizing the pieces to purchase; Need for the room to accommodate a chest of drawers; Advantage of using the sideboard in serving food and displaying china.
- HOME. Green, Jennifer; Riley, Betsy; Dilonardo, Mary Jo; Heckert, Justin; HUNTER, Debra; Lauterbach, Christiane; Parker, Virginia; SENATOR, Jennifer; Thomas, Chandra; Warhop, Billand; Woodbury, Erin // Atlanta;Dec2004, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p112
This article focuses on shopping in Atlanta, Georgia. Savvy Snoot draws designers and shoppers with upscale furniture and accessories, both new and old, at huge discounts. ADAC veteran WebbMarsteller is known or its fresh, updated take on traditional furniture, fabric, wall-coverings and...
- Avoid the Mark-Down Trap. Lewin, Leonard Bruce // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1999, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p20
Presents an excerpt from the book `Shopping for Furniture: A Consumer's Guide.'
- Transatlantic shopping. Berman, Ann E.; Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Apr98, Vol. 152 Issue 5215, p72
Reports on the shopping opportunities in the European furniture and decorative objects markets. Price advantage of shopping in Europe; Abundance of choice.
- Some signs of hope in two arenas. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p43
Reports the increase in furniture industry services geared towards the bridal market in the United States. Lack of involvement from furniture makers in the past years; Indication of a change in trend seen in the publication of the supplement to The New York Times called 'Weddings 2001';...
- Home is (mainly) where the heart is. Ashworth // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discusses factors considered when buying furniture in Great Britain.
- Oldham. // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p6
Relates a mystery shopper's experiences at several furniture stores in Great Britain. Attitude of a salesman at Mann's on Yorkshire Street; Fieldings at Mumps, which specializes in mahogany and cherrywood cabinet and occasional furniture; Warm welcome from the staff of Atherton House Furniture...
- New Year flop could be our gain. // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p7
Suggests a solution to change the perceptions on furniture shopping in Great Britain in 2000.