We liked it so much
- They're all Village people now. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2001, Issue 5267, p1
Reports the sale of furniture Village to the management in Great Britain. Names of buyers; Financial terms of the deal; Intention to expand the quality home furnishing of the company.
- 10 tips for selling your business. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p18
Offers tips in selling business enterprises. Preparation for a sale; Collection of relevant documents; Search of expert opinion; Formula for pricing.
- To sell or not to sell. Maio, Maurice // Plumbing & Mechanical;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p92
Examines factors that influence the decision of an entrepreneur to sell or not to sell a company. Impact of consolidation; Acquisition of cash; Employment contract; Acquisition of shares of stock from merged entity; Benefits of consolidation. INSET: Thanks.., by Steve Smith..
- 10 tips for selling your business. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/25/99, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p19
Offers tips in selling business enterprises. Preparation of a sale; Gathering of documents necessary for a sale; Formula for pricing; Timing of a sale.
- Letting go of your business not as easy as it looks. McShane, Peter K. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/25/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p8
Reflects on the difficulties of closing a business. Issues that arise during the due diligence and documentation phase; Emotional trauma of giving up a business; Preparing the business financially and operationally for sale.
- Buyers beware. D'Angelo Fisher, Leo // BRW;6/12/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p59
The article advises potential buyers to undertake due diligence as aging baby boomers prepare to sell their businesses in Australia. Assurance services director Priit Taylor claims that the process is aimed at "identifying relevant risks that may affect the purchase price of a business, or...
- Timing Is Everything When Selling Your Business. Brennan, Carol Cedrone // BusinessWest;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p53
Discusses the importance of proper timing when selling a business. Issues that must be addressed if a business owner is to make an intelligent decision of selling a business; Impact on the entrepreneur's financial position; Personal reasons for selling a business; Seeking representation by a...
- Trying to sell your company? Here are 10 mistakes to avoid. Burkhardt, C.A. // Plastics News;8/23/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p9
Lists the ten mistakes that a private plastic company owner should avoid when selling the company. Setting of unrealistic sale-price expectations; Talking to just one or two potential buyers; Overstatement of company's earning potential.
- New business partnership. // Cabinet Maker;03/27/98, Issue 5081, p7
Details the introduction of Furniture Village's Lombard Tricity Finance services into all of its outlets in Great Britain. Effort of the company to improve the company's sales performance.