Dome operator eyes hire plan
- Row looms over disposal of ...150m Dome contents. Benady, David // Marketing Week;7/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the confusion over the responsibility of disposal of the contents of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England upon finalization of its sale, which is conducted by the government agency English Partnerships. Agency's review of bids to run the Dome; Likelihood that some zones will be...
- Dealing with the Dome's detritus. Benady, David // Marketing Week;7/6/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the confusion about who will be charged with the disposal of the contents of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England after the exhibit ends on December 31, 2000. Responsibility for the Dome by the New Millennium Experience Co. according to English Partnerships, the government...
- Mothballed Millennium Dome may finally find a suitable buyer. // Public Finance;12/14/2001-1/10/02, p15
Reports the expectations of the government ministers over the sellout of the Millennium Dome in Great Britain. Schedule for the recommendations of the English Partnerships of the consortiums bidding; Citations on the bidders for the dome; Details on the reconstruction plans of the bidders.
- Dome warning signs missed. Day, Karen // Public Finance;11/14/2000, p16
Reports on the failure of the ministers and officials of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England to act on the indications of the attraction's financial crisis. Letters showing the insolvency of the attraction; Castigation of Dome minister Smith Falconer for inaction toward financial crisis;...
- Millennium Dome success depends on HR policies. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p15
Focuses on the Millennium Dome, which will open on December 31, 1999, in Greenwich, England. Talks with unions to establish a partnership that will ensure smooth running of the project; Comment from Raj Pragasam, dome's human resource (HR) director, on the project; Training and recruitment...
- Dome economics. Ryle, Sarah // Public Finance;12/19/97, p10
Reports on the construction of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England using lottery money. Arguments of those who oppose the use of lottery money for the construction of the dome; Benefits of the dome to the private sector; Private sector involvement in the project.
- Dome sponsors defend performance. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2000, p6
Reports that some of the main sponsors of the Millennium Dome are standing by their promotional investment. Amount invested by the main sponsors; Major sponsors' defense of the Dome's performance.
- At last we can be honest about the fruitless fiasco of the Dome. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2000, p20
Criticizes the Millennium Dome project in London, England. Disgraceful waste of money from the sale of Lottery tickets; Marketing of the Dome.
- I'm only a punter but... // Campaign (UK);07/09/99, Issue 27, p44
Comments on the British government's Millennium Dome project in Greenwich, England. Limitations of the concept.