Ally Pally acts to woo shows
- Bookings soar at Ally Pally. // Event;Nov/Dec2003, p6
Talks about exhibition bookings at Alexandra Palace in north London, England. Information on Excursions 2004; List of shows debuting at Alexandra Palace; Statement from Alexandra Palace sales and marketing head Chris Gothard.
- Ally Pally 'too small' for motorbike show. Bond, Claire // Event;Jul/Aug2006, p5
The article reports on a change in the venue of the London Motorcycle Show which was organized by Emap Automotive & Active in England. From its original site, the Alexandra Palace, the show will now be held in Excel. Sales and marketing director Chris Gothard claims that the size of the former...
- Finest crystal. Birbeck, Robert // Building Design;2/27/2004, Issue 1614, p22
Features an exhibition depicting the development of the Crystal Palace exposition building located at Sydenham Hill, south London. Architectural design of the building relocated from Hyde Park; Display of art works from local and foreign artists; Landscape surrounding the structure.
- Domes of discovery. Moore, Keith // Professional Engineering;12/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p59
Features the various domes worldwide where exhibitions were held. Includes the National Botanic Garden of Wales' Great Glasshouse; Sir Joseph Paxton's Crystal Palace; Great Rotunda in Vienna, Austria; Festival of Britain's Dome of Discovery; Millennium Dome.
- EXHIBITING A MASSIVE MONARCH. Gross, Anthony // Contemporary Review;Aug91, Vol. 259 Issue 1507, p98
The article presents information on an exhibition to celebrate the 500th birthday of Henry VIII, king of England (1509-1547). The king has been favored with articles in the press, junkets at Hampton Court and Hatfield, and even an appearance in a television documentary on divorce. But the focal...
- The talk of the town. Miller, Rachel // Marketing Event;Oct97, p45
Highlights the exhibition venues in London. Alexandra Palace; Broadgate Centre; Cabot Hall; Design Museum; London Arena; Others; Features of the venues.
- Cash promise helps Ally Pally to widen offer. // Event;Jul/Aug2003, p5
Reports on the plan of exhibition and event venue Alexandra Palace to develop its marketing offer. Assurance made by its landlord, the London Borough of Haringey, to take responsibility for a debt caused by a fire; Comments from Alexandra Palace head of sales and marketing Chris Gothard.
- The Crystal Palace. // History of Science & Technology;2004, p366
The article presents a history of the Crystal Palace of Joseph Paxton. Certain structures stand out in the history of architecture as the inspiration for whole schools of design and construction. Many of these, such as the Abbey Church of St. Denis, progenitor of the Gothic cathedral, continue...
- Crystal Palace centre 'at risk' Gates, Charlie // Building Design;7/8/2005, Issue 1681, p6
The article reports that one of the most important post-war buildings in Great Britain has been put on English Heritage's buildings at risk register. The inclusion of the grade II* listed National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace, south London, on this year's list will boost the Twentieth Century...