- Urology Coding Changes Will Take Your Claims to A New Level. // Part B Insider;Sep2012, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p257
The article reports on the introduction of Current Procedural TerminologyÂ® code 52287 to report Botox bladder injections starting January 1, 2013. The introduction of the code implies that it will be easier to bill and receive reimbursement but there has been no announcement yet as to what...
- ANA supports nomination of Marilyn Tavenner to head CMS. Jones, Jemarion // American Nurse;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p4
The article announces the decision of the American Nurses Association (ANA) to support the nomination of Marilyn Tavenner as head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Burwell announces changes in CMS management. // AHA News;6/27/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p8
The article announces the appointment of Andy Slavitt as the principal deputy administrator of the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- CMS Names First Chief Data Officer. // Journal of AHIMA;Jan2015, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that Niall Brennan was appointed chief data officer of the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Therapeutic Diet Ordering Privileges. SCHAEFFER, JULIANN // Today's Dietitian;Oct2014, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p48
No abstract available.
- New Medicaid Regulation Affects Audiologists. Lusis, Ingrida // ASHA Leader;6/22/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p1
Reports that the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services has released its final rule addressing Medicaid provider qualifications for audiologists in the May 28, 2004 issue of Federal Register. Implications of the new Medicaid regulations for audiologists and patients; Employment of the...
- Nix Annual Wellness Visit With ECG, E/M, and Behavior Assessment. // Family Practice Coding Alert;Aug2011, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p49
The article reports on the components of annual wellness visits (AWVs) based from the latest round of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits. It notes that the AWV is a preventive wellness visit where many of its components overlap with the health and behavior assessment or intervention codes and...
- NP/PA know-how. Ellzey, Inga // Dermatology Times;Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on keeping physician's practice proactive rather than reactive in U.S. The author stated that healthcare issues like recovery audit contractors (RAC) are on rise. Providers for overpayments, fraud and abuse allegations are being charged. Under the U.S. Federal False Claims...
- CMS Head: Fast Action On Sales Abuses. Brady, Matt // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/18/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that Kerry Weems, acting administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medical Services in the U.S., said that swift action on the problems of abusive sales practices in private Medicare Advantage plans. The problem of sales practice was highlighted during a Senate Finance...