Health care reform means challenges, opportunities in rural areas
- The Future of Medicaid. Thompson, Tommy // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2003, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the reform plans for Medicaid. Components of the Medicaid program; Goals of Medicaid modernization; Problems with the bureaucratic rules of Medicaid; Model of Medicaid reform;.
- Proposed bill take another stab at Medicaid in Louisiana. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/8/96, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p26
States that in Louisiana, several federal and state legislative proposed bills are being considered to reform Medicaid in Louisiana. Who is the major sponsor of Medicaid provisions; Amount of money taken out of the state's Medicaid budget in 1995; Possibility that the state could lose $1...
- Medicaid For Children: Federal Mandates, Welfare Reform, And Policy Backsliding. Kronebusch, Karl // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p97
Estimates the impact of welfare reform on Medicaid enrollment since its separation in 1996 in the United States. Association between Medicare decline and welfare reforms; Factors influencing enrollment levels; Variations in enrollment trends; Association between Medicaid decline and welfare reform.
- Medicaid reform: States take control. Hash, Michael // Healthcare Executive;Jan/Feb1996, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p45
Points out Medicaid reforms designed to reduced federal control and financial responsibility for social welfare programs. Flexibility in the power of states to design programs to assist low-income families and individuals; Political pressure for Medicaid reform.
- Any Medicaid reform is likely to be incremental. // Primary Care Weekly;01/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p7
Presents forecasts for Medicaid reform in 1997. Congressional prioritization of Medicare over Medicaid reform; Improved budget forecasts for Medicaid; Concern over the diminishing scope of health coverage.
- Medicaid Coverage at Its Highest Level Ever in Montana. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Dec2010, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p27
The article reports that Medicaid coverage in Montana has reached 99,600 people and is expected to expand in 2014 under the federal health reform.
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK 2013. Magaw, Timothy // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p0012
The article reports that Ohio has yet to make an announcement whether it will go forward with the Medicaid expansion outlined in the U.S. health care reform legislation.
- Reform in Medicaid might force children to fund parent care. Kaslow, Amy // Christian Science Monitor;12/22/95, Vol. 88 Issue 20, p3
Informs about the ongoing dispute between the White House and Congress over a provision in a GOP Medicaid reform plan that would force children to fund for their parents' nursing-home costs, as reported on December 22, 1995. Views of some people on the issue.
- Study looks at reform's impact on new Medicaid enrollees. // AHA News;5/31/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on a study by the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured about the impact of the health reform law on Medicaid enrollment.