Turner's Kent: Don't Sell Out
- OTT TV, video revenues to reach US$2.6 billion in 2020. // Russian Telecom;Jul2015, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
The article reports that over-the-top content (OTT) television (TV) and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (EEMEA) will be 2.635 billion U.S. dollars in 2020.
- Pay-TV Providers Hiking Fees Despite Cord-Cutting. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;3/21/2014, pA04
The rise of cord-cutting â€” pay-TV customers who switch to Internet-only video and disconnect services â€” isn't stopping cable, phone and satellite companies from raising rates, even after strong revenue growth in Q4.
- ABC, Yahoo team for news, views. // Daily Variety;10/4/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on an announcement made by ABC News and Yahoo Inc. regarding a new alliance for delivering worldwide news online. Information on various plans under the pact including the division of revenue from online video advertising, the creation of online video advertising...
- Asia Pacific online TV & video revenues by source ( $ million). // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jun2014, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
A graph is presented which shows online television and video revenues including subscription, rental, and advertisement from 2010 to 2020 in Asia Pacific.
- Online advertising to overtake television by 2019: PwC. // Indiantelevision.com;7/8/2015, p1
The article focuses on a report "Global Entertainment and Media Outlook" 2015-2019 by professional service company PricewaterhouseCoopers. It mentions that digital advertising will overtake television advertising in terms of revenue generation. It states that Indonesia will emerge as the fastest...
- Facebook Underestimates Furor Over Video Theft at Its Own Peril. Wallenstein, Andrew // Variety;8/11/2015, Vol. 329 Issue 1, p19
The article talks about social media site Facebook's lack of adequate copyright protection which has allowed freebooting which refers to the practice of lifting viral videos and reposting through Facebook's native player. Topics include the revenue robbed by Facebook from producers' content on...
- Kent: TV Everywhere Is Vitally Important. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p4
The article presents the insights of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Phil Kent regarding the significance of TV Everywhere in the television industry, during the Multichannel News/Broadcasting & Cable OnScreen Summit in New York on December 1, 2011.
- They Said It! // Broadcasting & Cable;2/13/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 7, p4
The article presents quotes from Phil Kent, Turner Broadcasting System Inc.'s chief executive officer (CEO), on the leadership of Gerhard Zeiler, RTL Group SA's CEO, and Kevin Monaghan, NBC Sports Group's managing director on the Super Bowl XLVI live stream.
- Big Web wants a piece of Grab. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p0006
The article reports on the financial performance of Manhattan, New York-based video syndication business Grab Media. The firm achieved a revenue worth 20 million U.S. dollars in 2012. It is ranked number 11 in terms of online video content properties and 29.9 million viewers. Grab chief...