LTE, 4G: What's It All About?
- Basics: Broadband access. Kim, Gary // America's Network;11/01/94, Vol. 98 Issue 21, Hybrid Fiber/Coax... p4
Discusses the technology of hybrid fiber/coax (HFC) network as a local loop access platform for data transmission. Support for heterogenous traffic of widely-varying bandwidth; Elements of the access platform; Physical topology.
- Broadband. // Communications News;Feb1994, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p72
Presents broadband communication systems. Inter-LATA service; 6950 SoftCell asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) Networking Node; FastSwitch 10/100 workgroup switching hub.
- Holy grails. Shandle, Jack // Electronic Design;8/19/96, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p18
Editorial. Focuses on broadband digital entertainment as the next major craze in electronic technology. efforts of the computer industry to enter the consumer market; Efforts of the television industry to keep the computer industry out of the home; Groups involved in the development of cable...
- BUILDING ON BROADBAND. // Intermedia (0309118X);Jul2013, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p2
The article offers information on the report "Four years of broadband growth" which discusses initiatives taken by the U.S. government for enhancing the wireless broadband and technological innovation.
- BRAWLING OVER BROADBAND. Galas, Marjorie // Daily Variety;4/9/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 5, pA9
The article discusses the conflict between the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) over the FCC's decision to require broadcasters to release spectrum for broadband use over the next 10 years, just 10 months after its transition to...
- PTCL unveils Charji EVO with 'high speed' claim. // Technology Times;8/4/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the launch of the next generation of fixed wireless broadband, Charji EVO device by PTCL Group to serve millions of users in new era of technological innovation in Pakistan.
- Broadband network increases transport capacity and reduces cost via dense WDM. Parmlind, Ove // Lightwave;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p51
Features a broadband transport network (BTN) infrastructure that combines a wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) scheme, optical amplifiers, nonzero-dispersion fiber and end terminals to boost transmission capacity. Features and functions; Regenerator savings; Background on the technology...
- Editor's Letter: Getting 'Smart'. Baker, Debra // Communications Technology;11/15/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including an article on the development of smart technologies, the benefits of Municipal Service Networks (MSNs), and the broadband Internet connections offered by a utility in Tennessee.
- '80s FLASHBACK. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;06/17/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 24, p23
Comments on the existence of the greed is good mantra of the 1980s in the cable industry. Prospects of the industry in the broadband sector; Problems with the high-speed data service of the industry; Technologies the industry is considering to attract subscribers.