Genband Doubles Down on Cable
- Genband Buys Mobile Communications Service. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p29
The article reports that Genband Inc. has purchased a mobile communications business from Fring, which works across smartphones and allows mobile group video chat, two-way video chat, voice calls and texts. Genband provides networking services to service providers and companies and its...
- GenBand looking to become an IMS heavyweight. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of the Fermont, California-based BayPackets Inc. by GenBand Inc. for the expansion of its global Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network business. GenBand visualizes the IMS market with three layers, composing of transport, session control and...
- Cedar Point funded in second round. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Relates that Internet protocol telephony startup Cedar Point Communications in a second round of funding.
- Cedar Point Communications. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the approaches of Cedar Point Communications to the switching system market in the U.S. Reliability of a Class 5 switch; Private equity funding received by Cedar Point; Deployment of distinct elements to make packet voice.
- Cedar Point aims to simplify VoIP. // CED;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p14
Focuses on the aim of Cedar Point Communications to simplify internet telephony services in Windham, New Hampshire. Function of the Cable Media Switching System; Employment of circuit switched services; Advantages of the switching system on operators.
- Striving for simplicity. Brown, Roger // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p41
Assesses the development of telephony-over-cable market by Cedar Point Communications. Establishment of media switching system; Features of the Safari C3 switch in Internet-based telephony; Impact of the system on cable operators.
- SAFARI C(CUBED) ENABLES NETWORKS TO MIGRATE TO VOIP. // Computer Protocols;Sep2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p5
The article evaluates the SAFARI C (Cubed) Multimedia Switching System from Cedar Point Communications.
- CABLE TELEPHONY GETS OPTION IN NEW SILICON. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p14
Features the BroadVoice PacketCable-compliant silicon introduced by Broadcom Corp. on the cable Internet telephony market in the U.S. Contribution of the product in improving chip modularity; Plans of incorporating BroadVoice with the product line of Cedar Point Communications Inc.; Benefit of...
- Converged VoCable. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p46
Features the Safari Cï¿½ Media Switching system from Cedar Point Communications. Utilization of PacketClass technologies; Advantage of the easy implementation of regulatory features; Plan of Cedar Point to enter field trials with MetroCast Cablevision.