'O' Tops TV Critics Hype Fest
- Discovery U.S. Hispanic: 50 New Series Added for Fall. Rubino, Lindsay // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p19
The article reports that the Spanish-language versions of 50 original series developed for other Discovery Communications Inc. (DCI) networks will be added by Discovery U.S. Hispanic to its programming slate.
- TOOTING OWN HORN. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;4/9/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 5, p1
The article offers information on the preparation being done for the launching of the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), a future specialty channel owned by Discovery Communications Inc., as group executives finalize their original television programs.
- Five looks set to win TV ad sales contract for Discovery. O'Carroll, Tristan // Media Week;8/25/2009, Issue 1222, p3
The article reports the non-renewal of a yearend advertising contract of Discovery Networks UK with Sky Media due of a contested provision that allows Sky Media to prevent Discovery from financial benefit when the channel's commercial advertisements reach a certain level. An arrangement since...
- OWN's grown, Discovery sez. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;8/4/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the 100 million dollar finance of Discovery Communications Inc. to get Oprah Winfrey's cable network OWN up and running.
- Startup costs for OWN are more than expected. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 40, p8
The article offers information on the launch of channel OWN, a joint venture network of Discovery Communications LLC. with Oprah Winfrey.
- 3D NETS PUSH CONTENT BUTTONS. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p9
The article reports that two full-time three dimensional (3D) channels will take its debut on 2011 such as 3net, the name of the joint venture of Sony Corp., Discovery Communications Inc. and IMAX Corp., and the ESPN 3D.
- SCIENCE SIGNALS GROWTH. THIELMAN, SAM // Daily Variety;7/27/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 13, p28
The article reports that television network Science of Discovery Communications Inc. is proclaiming gains in primetime ratings together with increasing distribution by 16 million households to 68 million after Debbie Adler Myerst took over as general manager (g.m.) in April 2008.
- Will Oprah Go Her 'OWN' Way in '11? Albiniak, Paige // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the speculation that U.S. media personality Oprah Winfrey will be transferring her show from CBS Television Distribution to her own cable network, OWN. The network is a joint venture of Harpo Productions, Winfrey's production company and Discovery Communications. CBS...
- ESPN Kicks off 3-D Network Race. // Satellite News;1/13/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that ESPN will launch ESPN 3D, a Direct Home Delivery network, which will showcase 85 live sporting events during its first year and which have also started a race among different networks. Networks including Discovery Communications Inc, Sony Corp. and IMAX Corp. have signed...