Making Yucks for Bucks
- The Joke Is on Them. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the announcement by several cable networks on the Television Critics Association tour on their plan to revive a number of comedy shows in 2009. Kate Juergens, executive vice president of original series, programming and development for ABC channel, states that the year...
- Learning About Laughter, at the TCA Tour. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p18
The article reflects on the advantages of broadcasting television comedies in cable television networks in the U.S. It cites the lessons learned by the author during the annual Television Critics Association tour held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel and Spa in Pasadena, California. Cable programmers...
- 'Frasier' diagnosis: May demise. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/13/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 7, p8
The upcoming big situational comedy farewell season became officially bigger as NBC confirmed that five-time Emmy-winning comedy "Frasier" will end its 11-year run in May 2004. "Frasier" joins fellow NBC comedy "Friends" and "Sex and the City," by HBO slated to bow out in the next several...
- Wake up and smell the reality. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the broadcast networks' presentations at the Television Critics Association presstour in Pasadena, California. Fox programming executives' renewal of the company's dominant position in the reality show market; National Broadcasting Corp.'s plan to launch reality series, like `Chains...
- MTV stays home. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Reports the return of the Television Critics Association (TCA) tour to Pasadena in California. Demands of TCA from cable networks; Failure of MTV Network to comply with the TCA requirements; Issue regarding the presence of MTV Network in New York.
- Synditel: So long for now. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p30
Reports on the United States-based television critics group Television Critics Association's cancellation of the Synditel event during its year 2000 critics tour. Television celebrities' failure to attend the event.
- Freshmen lead class of '02 for TCA noms. Feiwell, Jill // Daily Variety;6/4/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 2, p32
Presents the television programs nominated for the annual Television Critics Association Awards in Los Angeles, California. Number of nominations secured by 'Six Feet'; Categories of the awards; Aim of the awards to honor programs with a distinguished track record in television.
- Journos flip over CNBC's freebie. Richmond, Ray // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p5
Reports that cable network CNBC distributed Motorola cellular phones to reporters and critics during the Television Critics Association's 1996 press tour. Television journalists' reactions to the giveaway.
- For new net plans, press here. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the discussion of reality television programs at the Television Critics Association meeting in Los Angeles, California. Offer of reality series in six major broadcasting networks; Possibility of strike by the Writer's Guild and Screen Actors Guild; Development of the reality series...