Getting control of scrap
- Automation stamps out inefficiency. Webzell, Steed // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2012, p33
The author examines the benefits of stamping shop automation. Some of the challenges in the automation of stamping lines, presses and conveyor systems include funding a sizeable investment and maintaining a long-term technology commitment. An overview of Siemens' open networking platform...
- New stamping ground. Webzell, Steed // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2012, p30
The author looks at innovations in automotive stamping operations. AIDA Europe has installed over 1,000 high-speed servo presses since it launched its first model in 1997. BMW AG has ordered three high-speed servo press line for its stamping plants in Leipzig and Regensburg, Germany and Shenyang...
- GM starts up new stamping press at Arlington. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the first of the large presses of automobile company General Motors Co. at its new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas is now operational that will help on the production of large metal parts for the next-generation of full-size sport utility vehicles (SUVs).
- Taking action on metal theft. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2015, Vol. 171 Issue 7, p26
The article attributes the reduced cost and decline in disruption to the rail network operations in Great Britain caused by cable and metal theft to a combination of policing, advanced protection systems and the implementation of the Scrap Metal Dealers Act. Three action areas against metal...
- Fiber lasers, sticky trailers. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p33
The article discusses the highlights of the Fabtech International show held at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta from November 2 to 4, 2010.
- Jaguar Land Rover's new press line. // MWP;May2014, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p8
The article informs that on British multinational automotive firm Jaguar Land Rover has invested 45 million pounds to install a servo metal stamping machine for stamping steel and aluminum panels at its Halewood facility in Liverpool, Great Britain as of May 2014.
- PUNCHING MACHINES EQUIPPED WITH FLATTENING CONCEPT. // Modern Machine Shop;Jan2014, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p174
The article evaluates the TruPunch 5000 punching machine and TruMatic 7000 punch laser combination machine from Trumpf Inc.
- 'Beginner' punching machine. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Nov2006, p48
The article reports on Trumpf's release of the Trumatic 1000 rotation punching machine. The machine was designed as a beginner model for the bottom segment of the Trumpf product portfolio. It makes use of a technology called roller deburring which features a tool that forms the burr into a...
- Making money from waste and residue. Chua, Sophia // Manufacturers' Monthly;Oct2006, p68
The article focuses on the reuse of swarf or scrap metals in the manufacturing industries. Swarf has been considered as the waste product in the industry, but an increasing number of companies are now transforming it into a valuable resource for reuse. Solidifying swarf into briquettes helps in...