Those pesky paint issues
- Custom Chemical opens manufacturing facility. // Products Finishing;May97, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p9
Reports on plans by Custom Chemicals of Texas, to open a manufacturing plant in Ardmore, Tennessee. Who will lead the sales efforts.
- The case of the leftover locker. Woods, Khadia // Scholastic SuperScience;Sep97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p15
Presents a problem-solving activity the objective of which to search a leftover locker for clues about its former owner.
- Resolving conflicts step by step. Arbetter, S. // Current Health 2;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Outlines a five-step method for resolving conflicts. Includes identifying the problem, looking for possible solutions, choosing the best solution, acting on a solution and evaluating the outcome. INSET: Consider the consequences (hints for impulse control)..
- Solving problems successfully: Think before you act. Sanders, Lynn B. // Current Health 2;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p13
Discusses the importance of tuning in to your inner self when confronted with a problem or difficult situation. Comment that the way you talk to yourself determines your attitudes, actions, and degree of success in life; Steps on how to avoid unnecessary disagreement and conflict. INSET: Tips...
- Let's negotiate! Donahue, Marilyn Cram // Current Health 2;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the need to incorporate negotiation and cooperation in the decision making and problem solving processes. How negotiation can make a difference; Discussion on decision making; What can e accomplished from cooperation.
- `I need someone to talk to!' // Current Health 1;Mar1998, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p29
Discusses the importance of a support system when one has personal problems which cannot be resolved by oneself. Examples of some problems children experience; Comments from Dr. Lawrence Balter, a New York child psychologist; Description of the best type of person to help in problem solving;...
- A personal file of stimulating ideas and problem solvers. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Aug90, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p22
Offers suggestions on how to stimulate ones personal ideas. How to judge ones ideas; Suggestions to help determine if an idea is worth; Remedies to overcome the problems.
- Problem solving as a social process: A theoretical and empirical analysis. Starling, Grover // Social Science Journal;1992, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p211
Notes that, despite increasing studies of problem solving in organizational settings, relatively little attention has been directed at how groups discover problems, what happens after a solution is implemented and how the various stages in the problem solving process are interrelated over time. ...
- The secret of invention. Killen, Kent // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p16
Presents approaches in solving a problem which can help a person think and invent.