BAE Systems awards Spartan subcontract
- Spartan motors gets MRAP subcontract. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2010, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that a 6.8-million-U.S. dollar subcontract order has been awarded by BAE Systems to Spartan Motors Chassis Inc. to support the production of advanced tactical vehicles under the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) program.
- BAE unit estimates its economic impact. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/29/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p31
The article presents information about Nashua, New Hampshire-based BAE Systems Information & Electronic Warfare Systems. The company generated an economic impact of nearly $1.2 billion during 2004 which includes more than $645 million awarded in subcontracts and purchase orders, and $537 million...
- BAe Systems Confirms Aerostar in Freighter Program. // Regional Aviation News;3/26/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p6
This article reports on the contract signed by BAE Systems Regional Aircraft confirming Aerostar of Bacau, Romania as the prime contractor for the re-launched BAe 146QT freighter conversion program. There is a plan by Aerostar to sub-contract major work packages to other partners in the Romanian...
- Spartan Chassis receives $53 million subcontract orders for MRAP production. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2007, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the subcontract orders placed by defense contractor BAE Systems to Spartan Chassis Inc. The orders aim to support the manufacture of tactical vehicles under the Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected (MRAP) program. Spartan will supply and integrate chassis components for BAE...
- EUROPE. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/22/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p24
This section offers news briefs on the European aviation industry. Aon Space says partial in-orbit failures may be starting to turn around space insurance prices. Astrium has awarded OHB System a subcontract to support the construction and testing of a Helios ground station to serve the German...
- `The second time around'. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Nov96, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p89
Features the British Aerospace Aviation Services, a used Airbus aircraft overhaul and conversions business. Corporate history; Clientele; Work packages; Major deals; Areas of operation; Growth strategy; Customer services; Business prospects.
- BAe keeps corporate jets. // Flying;Dec92, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p44
Announces that British Aerospace will retain its Corporate Jets division. BAe considered a number of proposals from potential purchasers but concluded that retaining the business was in its own best interests.
- BAe, Taiwanese agree on regional jet venture. Shifrin, Carole A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/28/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p23
Outlines the memorandum of understanding between British Aerospace and Taiwan Aerospace Corp. on the creation of a 50-50 joint venture to take over British Aerospace's 146 and RJ regional jet aircraft program next year. The joint venture plan envisions final assembly in both the UK and Taiwan...
- British Aerospace weighs job cuts, other changes at its civil aviation unit. Shifrin, C.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/4/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p69
Announces that British Aerospace is considering layoffs at its commercial aircraft division as part of a restructuring program. Current economic conditions are increasing pressure on the division, which employs 26,000, to reduce costs and improveproductivity.