Factors fuel rebound in Class 8 demand
- Class 8 net orders climb 24% in October. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on a 24% increase in net orders of heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles for North American markets in October 2010 from September, according to ACT Research Co.
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p20
This section offers news briefs concerning commercial carriers including the expansion of economic activity in the manufacturing industry in May 2010 for the tenth consecutive month, the increase in net orders for heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles of ACT Research Co. by 91 percent in April...
- Continued weakness for China heavy truck demand in Q1. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/3/2012, p3
The article focuses on the China Commercial Vehicle Outlook report which shows a drop in China's heavy duty market amid freight transportation decline and rising operational costs in the first quarter of 2012.
- New enforcement unit stops 136 HGVs in first month. // Motor Transport;6/29/2015, p9
The article reports that a City of London, England Police Commercial Vehicle (CV) Unit, which complements the Metropolitan Police Service CV Unit, has stopped 136 heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) in its first month.
- Sales of big trucks fall in March. Treece, James B. // Automotive News;4/20/2009, Vol. 83 Issue 6356, p26
The article informs that sale of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. fell 31.3 percent to 19,771 units in March from a year earlier. Sales of Class 8 trucks, the largest size, dropped 21.1 percent to 8,222, while sales of Class 6 trucks collapsed 56.7 percent to 2,059. Sales of Class 4...
- Meritor WABCO forms alliance with Takata. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p10
The article announces the nominees for the 2012 American Truck Dealers Commercial Truck of the Year including the Freightliner 114SD conventional dump truck, heavy-duty truck, the Fuso Canter FE160 low cab forward and Isuzu NPR-HD Gas, medium-duty.
- U.S. Big-Truck Deliveries Climb for Third Straight Month. Schweinsberg, Christie // Ward's Auto World Exclusive Insight;4/14/2011, p3
The article reports that sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. in March 2011 reached 20.9% more than February 2011. It notes that Class 5 deliveries increased by 80.2% and Class 8 deliveries surged 38.8% from 2010. It states that Volvo Truck posted a 157.2% increase in March 2011...
- Big trucks dip 26.4% in August. Treece, James B. // Waste & Recycling News;10/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p14
The article talks about the low sales of medium and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. in the year 2009. As reported, sales of these trucks fell 26.4 percent in August 2009 from a year earlier to 18,094 units. Large truck sales have also fallen every month since February 2007. While the sales of...
- Truck Gallery. // Overdrive;Oct2008, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p56
Photographs of several trucks including the 2000 Kenworth W900L, 1996 Freightliner FLD-120 and 2007 Peterbilt 379 are presented.