Beans are Big Again
- FROM BOARD TO DEBIT: STUDENTS' QUICK-SERVE NEEDS DRIVE CHANGES AT INDIANA U. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the change from tradition board-plan to a debit/retail point program for the students of Indiana University living on the Bloomington campus. How the system works; Overview of the dining facilities; Customer satisfaction with the changes.
- Hill of beans: Chefs stalk black beans. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p37
Focuses on the appearance of black beans on menus across the United States. Three different groups of black beans; Scarcity of foods that are black; Culinary tips from experts; Combination of chicken and black beans.
- BLACK SOY BEANS. // Macrobiotics Today;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p33
Presents the recipe of Black Soy Beans.
- Leveraging a Comfort Food Favorite. // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p36
The article offers information about the Le Mac menu offered by Aramark at the University of Delaware, which won the Best Station Concept award.
- BLACK BEAN 'N' SPINACH ENCHILADAS. Johnson, Syndy; Nicholson, Kate // Southern Living;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p172
Presents the recipe for Black Bean 'n' Spinach Enchiladas.
- Homemade Black Bean Burger. // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p72
A recipe for homemade black bean burger is presented.
- SECOND IRON SKILLET: INDIANA ADDS COMFORT. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the Indiana University has opened another unit of Iron Skillet comfort food station in one of its two foodcourts as of April 15, 2002. Other food offerings at the university foodcourts; Types of food served by Iron Skillet food station; Annual meal volume of Indiana University.
- INDIANA U. Bryant, Kelly // 21st Century;Nov94, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p16
The article reviews Indiana University at Bloomington. According to the author journalism is one of 5,000 courses offered at the university. Nine schools exist within the campus as a whole, as well as the College of Arts and Sciences. Information is also presented on the university's dorm...
- Hofstra Univ. adds to menu, prevents boredom. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the food service available at the Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York. Now, more than ever, variety in food service is not simply about adding a couple of Americanized ethnic dishes to the cycle menu of entrees served in a cafeteria's steam wells. Variety branches...