PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA
- Changing Directions. SCHLLING, BECKY // FoodService Director;4/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p55
The article profiles Lora Gilbert, senior director of Food and Nutrition Services at Orange County Public Schools in Orlando, Florida and one of the recipients of the 2011 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Silver Plate Award. She compares her experience of working at a...
- Gilbert Wins Top FAME Award. // FoodService Director;12/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
The article announces that the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) Awards committee has named Lora Gilbert, senior director of food and nutrition services for Orange County Public Schools in Florida, as the Golden School Foodservice Director of the Year.
- First Person. // Prepared Foods;Jan2014, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p65
The article presents an interview with OSI Group's corporate executive chef Christopher Hansen in which he recalled his memorable food taste, the impact of food truck on consumer food experience and his plan to focus on artisanal deli if he is to open a food truck.
- A traveling kitchen. Cox, Justin // Hill;5/13/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p23
The article offers information about the Saucamobiles, Sauca's food trucks which offer sandwiches, Belgian-style waffles, and salads in Washington, D.C.
- WHERE'S THE BEEF? Morgan, Tara; Crisp, Andrew // Boise Weekly;10/10/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p29
The article presents information on the food truck Burgerlicious that provides beef patties in Boise, Idaho.
- Vendors invited to set up shop in Kyle parks. Gordon, Veronica // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/ 3/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 27, p1D
The article informs about a park permit that will allow a mobile food vendor to set up shop for selling everything from breakfast to lunch and dinner during normal park hours in Kyle's city parks in Hays County, Texas
- Evolution: The Time for Food Trucks Has Arrived! Lempert, Phil // SN: Supermarket News;10/25/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 43, p8
In this article the author discusses the growing popularity of gourmet food trucks in the U.S. and its impact on supermarkets' marketing and profit opportunities.
-  FOOD TRUCK FINDS. Kuh, Patric // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p106
The article provides information on 10 foods that are commonly offered by food trucks in Los Angeles, California including the Breakfast Biscuit Buttermilk, the Rajas Fries, and the American Cheese Sandwich.
- Meals on Wheels. NGO, SHANA // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2012 Special Bonus Issue Menu Guide, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information on several food-truck menus offered in various mobile kitchens in Indianapolis, Indiana, including the Duos Jeggie barbecue (BBQ) tofu sandwich at DuosIndy, the Scratch burger at Scratchtruck, and the Flying Cupcake Red Velvet Elvis at Flyncupcake.