- Through the Looking Glass. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p38
The article features Bev Lopata, food service manager at Chasco Elementary and Middle School Pasco County School District in Land O'Lakes, Florida.
- Schools. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p108
Presents statistical information on salaries earned by executives in the food service industry at schools in the United States. Comparison between salaries earned by men and women.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p18
Reports on developments related to food service in the United States for the week of August 13, 2001. Installation of Marcia Smith as the new president of the American School Food Service Association; Debate of the Senate on a bill to renew bonus commodities for school foodservice; Names of...
- What a bundle. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p20
Presents an interview with Gerald Moore, president at Nutrition Inc., on his school foodservice management business. Origins of the company; Financial position of the firm in 2004; His leadership philosophy.
- UNH Dining Rules... Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the success of the all-you-care-to-eat board dining model adopted by the University of New Hampshire (UNH) in Durham. Statement of UNH Hospitality Services executive director David May on the observed physical improvements in students; Basis of the meal plan; Menu offerings.
- A Good Start. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p66
The article reports on the decision of landscaper Derrick Franks to apply for the Manager Training Program of the Denver Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services Department in Colorado. Franks said that he worked in foodservice before so he applied for the program and was in the first group....
- SC Dept. of Education debuts eat-right/be right. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the August 1997 launching of a program `Eat Right-Be Right' by the Office of School Food Service, South Carolina Department of Education in Columbia, to educate students. Reasons for the introduction of the program; Information on the logo which will be used in the campaign.
- MacDonald's take over high school cafeteria. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p21
States that the local MacDonald's franchise owner take the cafeteria in Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado after it was close by the school. Menu serve by the cafeteria; Why the cafeteria was closed; Students that are employed in the cafeteria.
- ...rewriting the book on school foodservice. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the challenges facing American school food service directors as they deal with the new generation of youths. Difference in the expectations of children; Consciousness of kids on what the market has to offer; Installation of fun and sophistication in the luncheon dining experience.