- SWOT Analysis. // Borders Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Feb2009, p1
The article presents an analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) against Borders Group Inc., which operates book, music and movie superstores and mall-based bookstores. One of Borders' strengths is its large scale of operations, with 541 superstores in several...
- 4.9 Million Square Feet of Borders Vanishing: Any Takers? // Book Publishing Report;Mar2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the shutting down of the 200 superstores owned by Borders Group Inc. which housed books and its implications to the competing superstores. It notes that Barnes & Noble Inc. is considering the purchase of Border's retail space yet, it is assumed that the company will still...
- SWOT Analysis. // Borders Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2009, p1
The article presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis for the company, Borders Group Inc. of Ann Arbor, Michigan. It says that it operates book, music and movie superstores and mall-based bookstores and operates in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico...
- Borders to downsize Waldenbooks footprint. // SCTWeek;11/13/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p2
The article informs that Borders Group Inc. has decided to close down 200 of its Waldenbooks mall stores in January. According to the company, the aim is to emerge with a smaller, more profitable mall chain in fiscal 2010. It is stated that shutting down stores with operating losses would reduce...
- Aggressive Superstore Expansion Planned For Remainder Of 2000. // Book Publishing Report;06/05/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the plans of book retailers Barnes and Noble and Borders to open several superstores in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Number of the companies' large bookstores.
- BORDERS TO BOW TWEEN SECTIONS. Gill, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p8
The article announces the plan of Borders Group to launch a department to cater to teenagers, with books by popular authors such as Stephenie Meyer and related merchandise. The department will be dubbed the Borders Ink shops and will be available in 80 percent to 90 percent of Borders' 513...
- Why the Bookstore Wars Are Good. NORTON, ROB // Fortune;10/27/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the concept of book superstores in the book industry, with reference to the opening of superstores Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Inc. in the U.S. Impact of superstore opening on the business of independent bookstores; History behind the superstore concept; Critics of superstores;...
- Borders Books to open store in Watertown. Kropf, Annemarie // Business Journal (Central New York);4/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the business expansion of Borders Group Inc. with the opening of a bookstore in Watertown, New York. Details of a lease signed by Borders in connection with the store opening; Mall where the store will be located; Developer of the project.
- Borders book and music store chain to open in Provo mall. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/02/98, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p5
Reports that Borders Group Inc. will open its second Utah Borders bookstore in a shopping center in Provo, Utah. Location of the first store; Product range; Corporate history; Operations.