CommScope LBO Begets $1.5B HY Deal
- NTT/Verio Merger Breathes Life to Market. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on investors' assessment of the merger between Nippon Telephone & Telegraph Corp. and Verio Inc. and its impact on the high yield bond market.
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // High Yield Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p6
Reports the junk bonds backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks.
- CommScope hopes purchase of Avaya's Connectivity Solutions will open up global markets. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the purchase of Avaya Inc.'s connectivity solutions business by CommScope Inc. in North America. Significance of the acquisition to CommScope's opportunity to enter into the global market; Comments from Phil Armstrong, vice presidents of investor relations and corporate...
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // Bank Loan Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p10
Reports that buyers of high yield bonds has started asking about the bridge loan backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks. Indication that the interim loan would be taken out with a bond offering; Terms of the deal; Impact of the deal on fees for several banks.
- Takeover Responses and Directors' Responsibilities–An Update. Lipton, Martin; Brownstein, Andrew R. // Business Lawyer;Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p1403
Focuses on the forms of takeover methods in the United States. Launch of bust-up takeovers financed by junk bonds; Responsibility of corporate directors to protect business judgment rule when responding to takeover bids; Aspects of takeover activity during 1984.
- Ducommun Selling $200M in HY for M&A. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/20/2011, p16
The article reports on the 200 million dollar in high yield (HY) junk bonds being marketed by Los Angeles, California-based aerospace engineering and manufacturing firm Ducommun to help finance its purchase of LaBarge.
- How LBO Sponsors Are Dealing With Tougher Financing. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p23
Presents a roundtable discussion on leveraged buyouts in the United States. Strategies in coping with increased costs and requirements; Impact of high-yield bonds on leveraged transaction business; Competition in the merger and acquisition market; Projections of The Audax Group chief executive...
- Bankrate Plans $280M Junk Bond Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p17
The article discusses plans by Bankrate to issue junk bonds worth 280 million U.S. dollars to fund two proposed acquisitions.
- CommScope Issues $1.5B in HY to Back LBO. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p15
This article reports on the sale of high yield bonds by U.S. telecommunications infrastructure provider CommScope to support its buyout by The Carlyle Group in 2011.