World of Print
- President Clinton marks NCLIS anniversary. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Sep95, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p746
Presents US President Bill Clinton's congratulatory message on the occasion of the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science's 25th anniversary in 1995. Former President Richard Nixon's signing of legislation establishing the commission on July 20, 1970.
- Eight expert leaders recommended for NCLIS. // American Libraries;Jun93, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p573
Reports that the ALA (American Library Association) Executive Board is recommending four librarians and four non-librarians to President Bill Clinton for appointment to the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS). Comments by ALA President Marilyn L. Miller; Librarians...
- Our commission, our omissions. Moon, Eric // Library Journal;7/1/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 12, pS1
Presents a `Library Journal' Classic reprinted from July 1984. Discusses the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS). President Reagan's 1981 attempt to illegally dismiss three members of the commission; Concern over makeup of the NCLIS; Where the NCLIS stands in...
- `I feel upset, poor, and lost when I cannot find a book.' // School Library Journal;Nov93, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p17
Informs on the California youth forum sponsored by the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science in Sacramento. Nineteen presenters from school and public libraries, literacy programs and community groups addressed a panel of NCLIS commissioners on the critical status of...
- PRICES OF MUSIC MONOGRAPHS AND SCORES AS REFLECTED IN NOTES, 2000-2005. // Notes;Dec2006, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p329
The article presents the prices of music monographs and scores as reflected in "Notes," from 2000-2005. Price trends for books are given as a whole and also by language such as English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. The article shows general trends in pricing of music materials which can...
- NCLIS/RSVP pilot project to aid latchkey children. // American Libraries;Oct88, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p745
Reports on the efforts of the United States National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS) to help latchkey children to improve in reading and library skills. Organizations cooperating with NCLIS to implement the program; Libraries selected as pilot project sites.
- NCLIS plans survey of public libraries and Internet. Nelson, Milo // Computers in Libraries;Jan1994, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p63
Reports on US National Commission on Libraries and Information Science's plans to survey public library involvement with the Internet. Analysis of survey findings; Planned publication of a project report; Contact information.
- Internet issues in reference. Tenopir, Carol // Library Journal;10/1/1995, Vol. 120 Issue 16, p28
Relates that most libraries assume that patrons should have access to the Internet. Findings of a 1994 report sponsored by the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science (NCLIS); Internet access without charge to patrons; Linking of future monetary support to the development of...
- Charles Benton, Bent on Change. Cherry, Susan Spaeth // American Libraries;Mar79, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p107
Features Charles Benton, chairman of the U.S. National Commission on Libraries and Information Science. Career background; Plans and vision as chairman of the commission.