Thermal Effects of Glenoid Reaming During Shoulder Arthroplasty in Vivo
- Proper patient selection, surgical technique have proven essential for minimizing risks and ensuring quality outcomes. Blazek, Nicole // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of reverse shoulder arthroplasty as an innovative shoulder procedure for restoring motion and relieving pain in patients with shoulder injuries.
- Use of ultrasound by shoulder surgeons: is there an urgent need for new guidance on the required standard for competency? Bidwai, A. S. C.; Casserly, H. B. // Ultrasound;Aug2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p130
No abstract available.
- AANA/SOMOS collaborate on course. Leahy, Maureen // AAOS Now;Nov2010, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p13
A description of the course "Advanced Shoulder Arthroscopy" being offered at the Orthopaedic Learning Center (OLC) in Rosemont, Illinois is provided.
- One best indication: Cuff tear arthropathy. Porcelllni, Giuseppe // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
The author discusses why cuff tear arthropathy is his main indication for reverse shoulder arthroplasty (RSA).
- Geometrical analysis of stemless shoulder arthroplasty: a radiological study of seventy TESS total shoulder prostheses. Kadum, Bakir; Hassany, Hamid; Wadsten, Mats; Sayed-Noor, Arkan; Sjödén, Göran; Sjödén, Göran // International Orthopaedics;Apr2016, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p751
Purpose:The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of a stemless shoulder prosthesis to restore shoulder anatomy in relation to premorbid anatomy. Methods:This prospective study was performed between May 2007 and December 2013. The inclusion criteria were...
- Ask the Experts: DVT prophylaxis following total shoulder for trauma injuries. // Orthopedics Today;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p17
The article presents answers to a question on the use of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) prophylaxis following total shoulder arthroplasty with fractures at a panel discussion on different treatments for shoulder and upper extremity trauma presented by Evan L. Flatow at Orthopedics Today Hawaii 2011.
- Report on DSNA Annual Conference 2012 - Embracing Change. Latham, Gail; Finch, Beth // Day Surgery Australia;Nov2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p20
Information on the annual New South Wales Day Surgery Nurses Association (DSNA) conference held on August 25, 2012 at the Masonic Centre in Sydney is presented. Keynote speaker Di Adamson discussed how to influence people to want change and why change is needed in day surgery nursing. Dr. Mark...
- Digital photography for assessment of shoulder range of motion: A novel clinical and research tool. O'Neill, Barry J.; O'Briain, David; Hirpara, Kieran M.; Shaughnesy, Michelle; Yeatman, Elizabeth A.; Kaar, T. Kenneth // International Journal of Shoulder Surgery;Jan-Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p23
Purpose: Maintenance of a pain-free functional range of motion is the aim of surgery for shoulder trauma. The aim of this study was to show that the range of motion can be accurately assessed using digital photographs. Materials and Methods: We reviewed 17 patients who had undergone surgery for...
- Product Briefs. // Medical Device Daily;7/28/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 140, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance received by ArthroCare for its Speed Suture System, a push-in anchor made of polyether-etherketone (PEEK) polyner for the repair of tears of the labrum in a shoulder.