Preoperative Predictors of Returning to Work Following Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p180
Presents an abstract of an article entitled `Thigh and Calf Girth Following Knee Injury and Surgery,' by M. Ross and T.W. Worrell, printed in the 1998 issue of the `Journal of Orthopedic Sports Physical Theraphy.'
- 'Long-term results after microfracture treatment for full-thickness knee chondral lesions in athletes' Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc (2014) 22:1986-1996 DOI 10.1007/s00167-013-2676-8. Hawi, Nael; Haasper, Carl // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1268
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Long?term results after microfracture treatment for full?thickness knee chondral lesions in athletes" in a 2014 issue is presented.
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p210
Reprints the abstract of the article `The Effect of Exercise and Rehabilitation on Anterior-Posterior Knee Displacements After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Autograft Reconstruction,' by S.D. Barber-Westin, F.R. Noyes, et al published in the 1999 issue of the `American Journal of Sports Medicine.'
- 10 THINGS WE'VE LEARNED THIS MONTH. // Four Four Two;Mar2011, Issue 201, p126
This section offers news briefs on medical issues, citing the health benefits of beetroot juice which can allegedly help athletes exercise as much as 16% longer, the discovery that basketball players can reduce knee injuries by doing warm-up exercises where they jump and land on their toes and...
- Treatment of Posterolateral Knee Injuries: Complex Considerations for Complex Injuries. Harner, Christopher D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;9/21/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 18, pe108-1
In this article the author discusses aspects of a report titled â€˜â€˜Outcomes of Treatment of Acute Grade-III Isolated and Combined Posterolateral Knee Injuries. A Prospective Case Series and Surgical Technique," by Andrew G. Geeslin and Robert F. LaPrade. Topics discussed include...
- Detection of a Traumatic Arthrotomy in the Pediatric Knee Using the Saline Solution Load Test. Haller, Justin M.; Beckmann, James T.; Kapron, Ashley L.; Aoki, Stephen K. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;5/20/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p846
Background: The objective of this study was to quantify the load volume needed for a positive diagnosis of a traumatic arthrotomy in the pediatric knee with use of the saline solution load test (SLT). Methods: From February 2013 to June 2014, eighty-seven pediatric patients who were undergoing...
- Boston After Knee Surgery? Polin, Kevin // Marathon & Beyond;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience dealing with an arthroscopic knee operation for his running-related injuries.
- Study Sheds Light on 'Dark Side' of Knee. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;7/1/2002, p6
Knee damage is the most common sports injury and it usually occurs when there is a tear or break in at least one of the four ligaments of the knee. Orthopedic surgeons will often reconstruct the joint using tissue from the patient or a cadaver. As orthopedic surgeons come to appreciate the...
- THIS STRANGE AND PERILOUS JOINT. Johnson, William Oscar // Sports Illustrated;10/24/1977, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p84
The article describes the anatomy of the knee, including reasons for knee injuries among athletes and advances in the treatment of knee injuries and ailments. The knee, which acts as a hinge between the thigh bone and the leg bone, can glide, slide, rock, twist and roll over five different...