The Carbon Sink Efficiency of the Earth
- Effects of Warming and Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment on Wheat Photosynthesis and Biomass Production. // CO2 Science;12/23/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p3
The article presents a study on the effects of warming and atmospheric carbon dioxide enrichment on photosynthesis and biomass production in wheat.
- Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment of a C4 Halophyte. // CO2 Science;1/19/2011, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
The article presents a study which examined the effect of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) enrichment on the cordgrass Spartina maritima. It involved the gathering of S. maritima from a low-marsh site along the southwest coast of Spain and transplanting them into individual plastic pots filled...
- Roman Warm Period (North America) -- Summary. // CO2 Science;6/9/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p7
The article offers information on the Roman Warm Period in North America. The non-carbon dioxide-induced warming is considered one of the evidences of warming may not be caused by higher carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere. One study indicated that warming before AD 300 at Farewell...
- Real-World Increase in Air's CO2 Content Has Accelerated Growth of Natural Aspen Stands. // CO2 Science;11/17/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 46, p5
The article focuses on a study, which examined how aspens responded to the increased concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide. It involved gathering from 919 trees after their leaves had dropped in the fall across three regions of Wisconsin. Results revealed that relatively young trees...
- The Expanding Monsoon Rainforests of Australia. // CO2 Science;12/29/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 48, Special Section p1
The article discusses a study conducted by Bowman et al., which claims that monsoon rainforests in Australia have expanded since the middle of the 20th century. According to the researchers, it is most likely that the expansion of rainforest patches is related to global climate change through...
- Belowground Carbon Storage in a Grassland Community. // CO2 Science;1/13/2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on a study which examined the effects of biodiversity, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration and soil nitrogen content on the total amount of carbon allocated belowground by plants and ecosystem carbon storage in a grassland community in Minnesota.
- Combined Effects of Deforestation and Doubled Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations on the Climate of Amazonia. Costa, Marcos Heil; Foley, Jonathan A. // Journal of Climate;1/1/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p18
It is generally expected that the Amazon basin will experience at least two major environmental changes during the next few decades and centuries: 1) increasing areas of forest will be converted to pasture and cropland, and 2) concentrations of atmospheric CO2 will continue to rise. In this...
- Climate Change and the Middle Atmosphere. Part III: The Doubled CO[sub2] Climate Revisited. Rind, D.; Shindell, D.; Lonergan, P.; Balachandran, N.K. // Journal of Climate;5/1/98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p876
The response of the troposphere-stratosphere system to doubled atmospheric CO[sub2] is investigated in a series of experiments in which sea surface temperatures are allowed to adjust to radiation imbalances. The Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) Global Climate Middle Atmosphere Model...
- Contradictory claims about carbon dioxide. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the contradicting claims of various European countries concerning atmospheric carbon dioxide. Confidence of Great Britain in achieving reduction of emissions; Germany's claims on the effect of nuclear power on carbon emissions.