Army BAA for Research in Counter-Mine Work
- Jaycor receives $1 million for stand-off mine detection system. Carroll, S. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p29
Reports that the United States Army Communications and Electronics Command has awarded contract to Jaycor for the development of a mine detection radar system for the Vehicle Mounted Mine Detector (VMMD). Immediate aim of the VMMD program; Description of the equipment; Testing done to the...
- Unstable world highlights importance of mine-detection technology. Rea // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on mine detection technology. Integration of technologies into operational systems; Sensor capabilities; Organic approach; Areas where mines are a threat; Military and humanitarian counter-mine operations. INSETS: SHARC DSPs enable Lockhead Martin to achieve -25 dB...;Acoustic sensors...
- ACS Contracts Awarded. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the United States Army Communications-Electronics Command's awarding of three contracts for its Aerial Common Sensor (ACS) program. Replacement of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low and Guardrail/Common Sensor systems; Prime bidders for the project; Expected duration of the...
- AN/PSS-12 Mine Detecting Set... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec99, Issue 565, p22
Presents preventive maintenance tips for the AN/PSS-12 mine detecting set. Search head protection; How to adjust the pole; Usage of clamps for the cord.
- PM Helps Detector Detect Mines. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May2002, Issue 594, p22
Provides information on the AN/PSS-12 mine detector. Effect of leaving batteries in the mine detector after using them; Appropriate length of the head of the detector from the ground; Instruction on the proper storage of the detector.
- Detecting Just Got Better ...and Safer. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Nov2002, Issue 600, p16
Offers tips on using the U.S. Army AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector. Maintenance tips; Enhancing the sensitivity of the mine detector; Area covered by the mine detector; Speed of moving the detector.
- Mine Detection Moves Into the Future: The AN/PSS-14 Mine Detector Requires a License. Holbrook, David // Engineer;Oct-Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p39
The article evaluates the AN/PSS-14 mine detector.
- AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector...Detect This Help. Mitchell, Mark // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep2001, Issue 586, p26
Suggests ways to use and maintain the AN/PSS-12 mine detector. Reminder when adjusting the detector's sensitivity; Details on the assembly of the mine detector.
- AN/PSS-12 Mine Detector...GETTING IT TOGETHER. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec2001, Issue 589, p24
Provides information on how to assemble and disassemble the AN/PSS-12 mine detector used by the United States Army. Guidelines for the assembly process; Things to consider when disassembling the mine detector.