Office of Health Affairs Want Info on Chem Detection for Underground Transit
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for Decontaminating Low Volatility Organophospates. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/12/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p25
The article deals with the request for information issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science & Technology (S&T) Directorate for new concepts and technologies for the post-event detection of Low Volatility Organophosphates (LVOPs) on surfaces and in air.
- Sensing a Problem. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/25/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p81
This article reports on a contract that will be awarded by the U.S. Homeland Security Department to integrate a technology that will protect U.S. borders. A critical component of that contract is a network of sensors designed to detect incursions. The two security programs of the past decade...
- R&D to Airport Screening False Alarms. // Airport Security Report;12/5/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on a contract received by Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc. from the Technical Support Working Group in 2007 to identify the optimal design for explosives detection systems. Funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the contract also includes the development of a...
- Border Security 2.0. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;Jan2012, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p35
The article reports that the U.S. Homeland Security Department is planning to open bidding on a 10-year contract to replace the now-defunct Secure Border Initiative network.
- DHS S&T Issues RFI for Package Screening Devices. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/26/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the issuance by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate of a Request for Information (RFI) on available devices for detecting weapons, explosives and contraband that are hidden in personal items, luggage or packages.
- DHS S&T Seeks Airborne Sensor Technology. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/10/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p16
The article reports on a request for information issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) branch on airborne sensor technology for detecting the entry of illegal aliens, drugs, and CBRNE materials into the U.S.
- Tracking the elusive shipping container. Knetl, Bob // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2007, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p14
The article evaluates the Marine Asset Tag Tracking System miniature sensor from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Science & Technology Directorate.
- Motorola [MOT]: Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/11/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
This section offers news briefs pertaining to the defense industry in the U.S. including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Federal Protective Service's awarding of a contract with Motorola to provide support services for its Voice-over Internet Protocol Radio Dispatch Network Services,...
- DHS Plans Small Business Events for Advanced Acquisition Planning. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/11/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) plan to host two events in May 2011 that would provide advanced acquisition planning information to small businesses as part of the White HOuse Initiative on Small Business Contracting.