Senate Surveys Market for Cyber Security Support Services
- Senate Passes Cooperative Purchasing Legislation. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p25
The article reports on the Local Preparedness Acquisition Act passed by the Senate and supported by the Security Industry Association (SIA) in the U.S. The legislation would extend cooperative purchasing to GSA Schedule 84 and would ensure state and local governments to purchase fire alarm...
- Amazon's Tax Is An Issue, Too. DOUG TSURUOKA // Investors Business Daily;4/ 9/2014, pA05
Amazon.com could face a backlash for charging state sales taxes, potentially inspiring more of its customers to shop locally and keep more tax revenue in their communities, a recent survey suggests.
- The 2002 Forecast Results. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p44
Presents survey results measuring the sales activity and product consumption of the electronic security distribution and manufacturing industry in the United States. Growth of revenues in the industry; Total growth markets; Profit margins of companies.
- Signs pointing toward another huge Senate cycle. Blake, Aaron; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the growing number of vacant positions in the U.S. Senate in January 2009.
- Congressional Committees: Senate Standing Committees. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p88
No abstract available.
- Senate, House Armed Services panels at odds over spending priorities. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the Senate Armed Services Committee's decision to side with the Bush Administration on the B-2 stealth bomber and stop funding for the F-14D fighter. The House Armed Services Committee recommended just the opposite. Anticipated budget battles; Other Senate Committee action.
- Briefing boycott. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/95, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p81
No abstract available.
- Bicentennial Note. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul89, Vol. 68 Issue 6/7, p161
Gives excerpts from the `United States Senate' by the Committee on Rules and Administration, which serve to illustrate highlights of the historical role of the Senate operating within the Constitutionally mandated system of shared powers, and checks and balances.
- Provisions of S. 323. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep91, Vol. 70 Issue 8/9, p201
Presents the Chafee substitute to S. 323, as considered on the floor of the Senate. The purpose of the act; Description of the Act including: Availability of information; Exemption for religious beliefs or moral convictions; Requirement of referral; Prohibition against discrimination;...