3M Corp.'s [MMM]: 3M Introduces Mobile ID Reader
- Better Safe Than Sorry. Wolff, Carlo // Lodging Hospitality;10/1/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p54
Discusses the importance of safety and security to the U.S. hotel industry. Advantages of a closed circuit television surveillance system for hotels; Significance of installing electronic, auditable security in back-of-house applications; Benefits of the 3M security film on guestroom windows at...
- 3M tale of the tape. // Chemical Week;11/22/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 20, p5
Reports on Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co.'s plan to spin off its imaging and data storage business to shareholders.
- 3M stencils in $50,000 savings for case tape shippers. // Packaging Digest;Jan95, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p64
Reports on the use of stenciling as an economical printing alternative at 3M's Greenville, South Carolina packaging facility. Semi-automation and computer-generation of the process; Savings projection; Use of Domino Amjet's Domino PackTrack PT3000 digital carton printing system; Graphics...
- 3M Is 100, Including 30 Years of Respiratory Protection. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Oct2002, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the centenary celebrations of the establishment of Saint Paul, Minnesota-based Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co. in the year 2002. Development of a government-certified respirator by the company in 1972; Other technological innovations made by the company.
- INNOVATION. // Appliance Manufacturer;Aug2003, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p50
Introduces the Secure Color Security labels from 3M Corp.
- 3M develops HFE technology to replace ODS. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p76
Reports on Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co.'s launching of a new hydrofluoroether (HFE) technology to replace the chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and other ozone depleting substances (ODS). Features of the HFE; Uses; Two HFE products to be launched by the company.
- Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing. David, Gregory E. // FW;9/28/93, Vol. 162 Issue 19, p58
Features Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Corp.'s use of product research and development. Introduction of Scotch-Brite pads; 3-M's in-house rules; Partnership with other companies; Development of medical laser images.
- A winning combination. // American Printer;Jan95, Vol. 214 Issue 4, p18
Reports that 3M Imaging Systems Group has announced several organizational changes. Formation of the Printing and Publishing Systems Division; Appointment of John F. Pohl and Robert G. Murray as marketing director and director of key accounts; Major business segments of the company.
- Adhesives stick to high quality and environmental safety. Costas, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the 3M's development of the Fastbond adhesive, a product that adheres to standards of quality and environmental safety. Trend by industry toward using water-based products for the benefit of the environment; Features of other adhesive products such as the Jet-Weld Thermoset Adhesive...