ATS Corp. [ATSC]: ATS Corp. in Mentor-ProtÃ©gÃ© Agreement with Projility
- How a mentor can direct your career. Cantore, Jean Ann // Career World;Feb96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on how mentoring can help in achieving one's career goals. Description of a mentor; How to find a mentor; How mentors can help one's career.
- Volunteer mentors empower inner-city youths. Rowe, P. // Children Today;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p20
Describes the summer job placement program of the Southwest Neighborhood Assembly Youth Activities Task Force in Washington, D.C. Recruitment, training, and counseling of neighborhood minority youth; Breaking down economic and cultural barriers;Keeping overhead low through volunteers;...
- Using mentoring to improve academic programming for African American male youths with mild... Campbell-Whatley, Gloria D.; Algozzine, Bob // School Counselor;May97, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p362
Discusses the mentorship programs, a community- or school-based programs in which volunteers are paired with students to assist them with academic and behavioral problems during/after school. Application in the academic programming for African American male youths with mild disabilities; Primary...
- Personal contact key to mentoring success. Kirtland, Chad // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/11/96, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p8A
Focuses on the mentoring program in St. Bernard Housing Development in New Orleans. Comments by Ray Harris, director of Just For Boys, a mentoring program; What mentors are seen as; Implementation of a mentor training program by an organization, Each One Save One; Benefits of mentoring programs.
- The Mentor's cousin: The executive coach. Wooden, Cecelia // Healthcare Executive;Mar/Apr1998, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p41
Presents information on how an executive coach can enhance your performance, highlighting the goals of coaching and mentoring. Details on increasing your knowledge base and enhancing skills; Examination of career strategies; How an executive coach can help an individual avoid making mistakes.
- Find a geezer and start learning. Clark, Terry M. // Editor & Publisher;11/23/96, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p40
Relates the author's memories of his mentors and their influenced in his life and career as a teacher and journalist. Dean of Oklahoma journalism, Harry Heath; `Waurika News-Democrat's Donald J. Morrison's commitment to his town and family newspaper; `Duncan Banner's executive editor, Callaway...
- Moving up through mentoring. Van Collie, Shimon-Craig // Workforce;Mar1998, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the formalization of the mentoring process to help younger employees advance their careers. Benefits of mentoring to mentor and the mentee; Distinction between executive coaching and mentoring; Mentoring in business; Potential application for group mentoring. INSET: Mentoring is a...
- Mastering mentoring. // Across the Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p62
Features a report by the U.S. Department of Education, titled `Executive Mentoring: Myths, Issues, Strategies'. Expecting failure in relationships; Requirements for being a mentor; Defining roles, expectations, and outcomes; Career movement for the other person.
- Dallas gives students an extra chance for success. // American City & County;Nov97, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p67
Presents information on the City of Dallas/Dallas Public Schools Mentors Project. Details on the project; Views of Scott Tims, an employee in the public works and transportation department on the project; Reference to the Partners in Education program.