Battelle Developing Port Security System
- The dollars start flowing. // JoC Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p30
Reports the grant of the Department of Transportation for seaport security in the U.S. Application of electronic seals and radiation detectors; Use of systems for tracking vessels and automation of vessel arrivals; Provision of information systems for identifying truckers and terminal personnel.
- SEEKING SAFE HARBOR. Peters, Katherine McIntire // Government Executive;Mar2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on harbor security in the Howland Hook Marine Terminal, New York. Efforts of Customs inspector Bryan Smith on banana shipment inspections; Legislation on standards for federal security management of seaports; Benefit of the Port and Maritime Security Act on security improvements.
- International Port Security Standards. Edgerton, Michael A. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2001, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on the lack of internationally accepted ports security standards in the United States. Terrorist attack of USS Cole (DDG-67) in Aden, Yemen; Inadequacy of security systems and procedures in commercial seaports; List of security deficiencies; Proposal to adopt international security...
- Magal Nabs Order for Port Security Solution in West African. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/16/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the 2.6 million dollar order received by Israel's Magal Security Systems for an integrated solution to secure a seaport in West Africa.
- VANCOUVER'S WIRED PORT. Sorensen, Jean // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on surveillance network placed by the Vancouver Port Authority, that ties in with 25 different terminals and control systems over a vast area. History of building the network; Exploration of vehicle access control system that controls who enters port authority property; Card reader at...
- Intellicheck Mobilisa [IDN]: Intellicheck Mobilisa Developing Wireless Buoy System with Sensors. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/16/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the development of wireless buoy system by Intellicheck Mobilisa (IDN) for the U.S. Navy to push out perimeter security in ports.
- Port of Houston Gets Certified. Anderson, Larry; Silk, Stephanie; Fickes, Michael // Government Security;May/Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p17
This article reports that the Port of Houston, Texas is the first port in the world to receive ISO 28000:2007 certification, a security management standard awarded by ABS Quality Evaluations. ABS is an independent auditor that evaluated the port procedures and standards. The Port of Houston...
- Safeguarding Ports with Chemical Profiling. Staples, Edward J. // Industrial Physicist;Jun/Jul2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the potential use of chemical profiling in safeguarding ports in the U.S. Requirement for a chemical profiling system; Uses of solid-state surface-acoustic-wave. Representation of a complex odor with a chemical signature.
- Balancing security against the reality of business at the Port of Hamburg. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/13/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p40
Discusses the efforts of the Port of Hamburg in Germany in securing against possible terrorist attacks. Background on the compliance of the port with the international terror defense standards established by the International Maritime Organization for passenger ships and freighters; Description...