IATA Pushing for Airport Checkpoints That Focus on "Bad People"
- PROJECTS in the News. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p96
The article offers news briefs related to security systems. eBay Inc. has used high-sensitivity detector and other products from System Sensor. The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority has chosen G4S as the Security Screening Contractor for the delivery of Airport Screening Services in the...
- IATA Promotes Ramp Safety. // Air Safety Week;10/27/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p9
The article reports that International Air Transport Association (IATA) has devised a worldwide safety audit program for ground operations to reduce future risk. It is called the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) program. Data extracted from the ten years of tracking the U.S....
- IATA. // AirGuide Online.com;1/4/2010, p5
The article reports on the encouragement of International Air Transport Association (IATA) to the security and government officials in the U.S. to increase security checks and management in airports and air transport system.
- Promoting Safety in Airfield Management. NEITZEL, KEN // Wingman;Fall2011, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the bad practice of crossing the runways instead of driving around the perimeter road, and the findings of an airfield manager's risk analysis.
- Flying into the unknown. // Travel Weekly Australia;Sep2014, Issue 219, p14
The article reports on the questioning of airline passengers on aviation safety, along with the safety related to aircraft technology and airport innovations, after the incidence of hijack of the plane for terrorist attack on the U.S. World Trade Centre on September 11,2001 and the missing case...
- ACHIEVING IATA 753. ALLETT, TOM // Airports International;Dec2015, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p26
The article focuses on standards introduced by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) for handling baggage during journeys. Topics discussed include IATA Resolution 753 for solving problems of mishandled luggage, views of Nick Gates, Product Portfolio Director for airline solution...
- Indianapolis Terminal Design Looking Secure and Green. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/22/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on security requirements of midfield terminal at International Airport of Indianapolis, Indiana. Details of conceptual design of the terminal; Changes made in the design to accommodate security requirements.
- IATA Advocates Biometrics Security. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/12/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p50
Reports the implementation of tight security measures to restore public trust on the airline industry in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Confirmation of reports by the International Air Transport Association officials; Identification of best lines of defense against terrorism; Importance of criminal...
- Prepare to have a blast. Lacey, Hoda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/20/2004, Issue 2628, p54
Businesses today must be more security conscious and MI5 has just issued advice on good security practice in the wake of terrorist threats. The author suggests some guidelines: Carry out a risk assessment and identify your vulnerable points. If you are acquiring new premises, plan your security...