Excel looks abroad
- Excel chief to take new role. // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2001, p6
Reports on the appointment of Iain Shearer as deputy chairman of Excel in 2001. His responsibilities as deputy chairman; Resignation of Keith Greetham from Excel.
- Excel finally gets its man. // Marketing Event;Jan2002, p4
Reports on the replacement for the outgoing Excel chief executive Iain Shearer. Months spent on the search for a replacement; Position of Shearer after the appointment of a chief executive.
- 'Cold' Excel suffers double IIR defection. Reynolds, Emma // Event;Mar2003, p9
Reports on the plan of Excel to make the venue more appealing to smaller shows following the loss of International Biotech/Lab Automation Europe and Airport, Port and Terminal Security exhibitions to Olympia. Disadvantage of using Excel for smaller shows; Remarks from Excel chief executive Jamie...
- Excel plans 15m pounds contractors' park. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;May2000, p8
Unveils the plans of Excel to build a contractors' village at the Electra Park in London, England. Exhibition services offered by the village; Value of the construction.
- Buchan takes over leading role at Excel. // Event;Feb2002, p6
Reports on the appointment of Jamie Buchan as chief executive officer at Excel company. Responsibility of Buchan; Objective of Buchan for the company.
- Buchan ready to build up Excel. Chadwick, Philip // Event;Feb2002, p17
Deals with the capabilities of Jamie Buchan as chief executive officer of Excel company. Background on Buchan; Comments from executives about Buchan; Objective of Excel.
- Excel starts organising arm. // Event;Oct2002, p6
Reports on the launch of an inhouse division by Excel to help organizers launch shows at the Docklands venue in London, England. Controversies surrounding the development of the inhouse division; Comments of Rob Mackenzie, head of the launched department, regarding the decision; Career...
- Excel nets Emap chief to run organising arm. Reynolds, Emma // Event;Apr2003, p7
Reports on the hiring of former Emap divisional director Kevin Murphy at Excel. Responsibilities of Murphy; Statement from Excel associate director Rob Mackenzie; Reason Excel introduced a series of loyalty advertisement credit schemes.
- Cash crisis at Excel forces debt rethink. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Jun2002, p4
Reports on the plan of Excel for a rescue financing program. Effect of the proposed financing program on the debt level of the company; Amount of capital raised by the company in 2001; Actions needed to create long-term confidence in the financial state of the company.