Wembley hosts Smart car day
- Three revolutions. Flint, Jerry // Ward's Auto World;Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p23
Features the Smart car from Mercedes Benz. Features of the car; Where it is being built; Price of the car.
- Hot Product. Thomson, James // BRW;9/5/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p22
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG will release its Smart range of cars in Australia in 2003. Features of the range; Price of the range.
- Get Smart, soon. Kable, Greg // AutoWeek;2/3/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the plan of the German automobile manufacturer DaimlerChrysler AG of introducing its range of Smart cars in the U.S. small car segment in 2004. Completion of market research by the company in the U.S.; Confidentiality of the car price; Features of the Smart car to be launched.
- SMART MOVE. // AutoWeek;9/22/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the possible sale of Smart automobiles by DaimlerChrysler AG in 2006 in the U.S. Development of the automobile by Mitsubishi Motors Corp.; Similarity between Smart and ForFour automobile.
- Driving test. Bickerstaffe, Simon // Automotive Engineer;Dec2010, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses the field trial programme of DaimlerChrysler AG for its Smart EV electric car in London, England. The vehicles being used in this first phase of testing are adapted from standard vehicles and the company used Zebra batteries. It was found that not every driver participated...
- Safety/production issues delay smart car. Kobe, Gerry // Automotive Industries;Feb98, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p45
Reports that a `quality audit' in the safety and production areas of the `Smart' urban car developed in a joint venture between Mercedes and Switzerland's SMH watches group, has delayed it production. Comments from Nicolas Hayek, chairman of SMH; Indentification of the Micro Compact Car as the...
- Car buyers are playing it Smart. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;4/17/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5870, p48
Reports on the increase in the sales of the diesel and convertible versions of the Smart automobile from DaimlerChrysler AG.
- Smart aims new sedan at U.S. market. Ostle, Dorothee // Automotive News;11/11/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6011, p3
Reports that Smart automobile from DaimlerChrysler AG will expand its model range with an all-wheel-drive, four-door vehicle aimed at the U.S.market. Automobile company that will be partner in developing Smart in the U.S.; Factor which prompted DaimlerChrysler's decision to introduce an...
- D/C Smart sales shine bright in Italy. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News;1/17/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5857, p41Z
Looks into the sales prospects for the Smart car of DaimlerChrysler in Europe. Sales success in Italy; Mercedes-Benz Italia's takeover of Smart distribution in April 2000; Marketing strategy used in Italia for the Smart car.