Further Challenges To Fiscal Austerity
- Higher Commodity Prices Drive Inflation in 2011. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p9
The article presents an economic outlook for Slovakia as of March 2011. It informs that the country's inflationary pressures will push the average consumer price inflation to 1.8% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2011 due to the impact of indirect taxes as the government attempts to tackle its large...
- BMI FORECAST SCENARIO. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the developments in the Slovak economy as November 2002. Position of the current deficit account and currency value; Acceleration in core inflation rate in September 2002; Reason for the stabilization of producer prices in August 2002; Implications of high output growth; Steps taken...
- Slovakia's budget deficit shrank in August. // Regional Today;9/ 4/2013, p3
The article reports on the â‚¬1.917 billion state budget deficit posted by Slovakia at the end of August 2013.
- Unemployment rate in Slovakia down in June. // Regional Today;7/23/2014, p1
The article reports on the 0.02 percentage points decrease in unemployment rate in Slovakia from May to June 2014, according to the Labor, Social Affairs and the Family Centre on July 21, 2014.
- Jobless rate in Slovakia falls in March. // Regional Today;4/23/2014, p1
The article reports on the 0.21 percent decline in unemployment rate in Slovakia in March 2014, according to the Central Office of Labor, Social Affairs and Family on April 22, 2014.
- Slovakia's budget deficit drops. // Regional Today;11/6/2013, p2
The article reports on the decline in Slovakia's state budget deficit in October 2013.
- Inflation To Fall Further. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p9
The article discusses an economic outlook for Slovakia for 2009. It is forecasted that inflation in the country by the end of 2009 is two percent. It is noted that unwinding of domestic economic activity will have a significant role in lowering core inflation in the forecast period. It is also...
- Executive summary. // OECD Economic Surveys: Slovak Republic;Nov2010, Vol. 2010 Issue 17, p7
The article describes the economic conditions in the Slovakia as of November 2011. The worldwide recession made a greater impact on the Slovak economy compared to other Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries mainly because of its exposure to global trade and its...
- RESEARCH INTO SOME ECONOMIC ASPECTS RELATED TO EMIGRATION: THE CASE OF SLOVAKIA AND LATVIA. SILINEVIČA, Irēna; SLOVÍKOVÁ, Ivana // Latgale National Economy Research;2015, Issue 1, p191
The common problem in the EU countries is a high rate of youth unemployment. Many well- educated young people emigrate from their native countries with the aim to look for better job opportunities abroad. Slovakia and Latvia are the countries with a high rate of youth emigration. The major...