HUNGARY: RISK SUMMARY
- Doing business in Hungary. Kadar, Bela // Performing Arts & Entertainment in Canada;Winter91, Vol. 27 Issue 1, Hungary Reborn p38
Focuses on Hungary's economy and opportunities for business. Government economic program from 1991 to 1994; Investment opportunities; Banking system; Privatization efforts. INSETS: Privatization, by Gusztav Bienerth.;Opportunities for Ontario business..
- Foreign Investment Climate. // Hungary Country Review;2010, p66
The article offers information on the foreign investment condition in Hungary with reference to export and import commodities, industries, and transparency of regulation.
- Multinational enterprise strategy, foreign direct investment and economic development: the case of the Hungarian banking industry. Akbar, Yusaf H.; McBride, J. Brad // Journal of World Business;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p89
This paper examines foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Hungarian economy in the period of post-Communist transition since 1989. Hungary took a quite aggressive approach in welcoming foreign investment during this period and as a result had the highest per capita FDI in the region as of 2001....
- Cost Concerns Gnaw At The Production Base. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the implications of the European Union economic slowdown on the foreign direct investment programs in Hungary. Implications of scarcity of quality labor and increase in unit labor costs; Announcements of new investments outside the country by established multinationals; Transfer of...
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the implications of Hungary's inability to sustain its 2001 foreign investment success in 2002.
- Industrial Policy and Foreign Direct Investment in Hungary. Torok, Adam // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;May/Jun95, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p31
Discusses the role of foreign direct investment in the economic restructuring of Hungary. Industrial development in Hungary in the early 1990s; Types of crises that affected Hungarian firms facing privatization; Options and tools for industrial policy.
- Good news needed. // Budapest Business Journal;1/27/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p21
Discusses Hungarian economic issues. Strengthening of the forint against the dollar; Hungary's most important export destinations; Dwindling amount of foreign investment in production; Government's pledge to bring down the central budget deficit.
- Capital outflow outpaces FDI. Gador, Kristina // Budapest Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4
Discusses the report on capital outflow and foreign direct investments (FDI) in Hungary, published by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. Comparison between the 2001 and 2002 FDI; Significance of the increase in outwardly directed investment; Prerequisite for the economic...
- The economics of latent demand in Hungary. // Hungary Economic Studies;2000, p15
Provides an overview of the economic fundamentals within Hungary that can be used by the business community to determine the country's strategic market and investment potential. Key industries and relevant factors affecting the economy; Sources of latent demand; A comparison of its key economic...