Primary/Secondary-Loop vs. Primary-Loop-Only Systems
- Retrofit for operation in the modern world. // Modern Power Systems;Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p51
The article reports on the challenges concerning state-of-the-art pump cartridge and flexibility constraints faced by retrofit cartridges designers in Great Britain. It states that the site net positive suction head (NPSH) and essential services like lube oil and cooling water can limit the...
- Measuring Gravity-Fed Flow. Spitzer, David W. // Flow Control;Jan2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
The article presents key considerations derived from an application in which the liquid flow is measured in pipes that rely on gravity as their motive force. The process to transport liquids from one vessel to another is designed to allow liquids to overflow or drain from a vessel. The amount of...
- The Ups & Downs of Flow Measurement. Spitzer, David W. // Flow Control;Jan2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p14
The article presents information on auditing the operation of a flow meter installed in a horizontal pipe. It informs that the flow meter should be placed in a vertical pipe to prevent solid deposition from creating a problem. It suggests that the pump check valve discharge piping should be...
- mailbag: Low-Flow Lessons Learned. Bachus, Larry // Flow Control;Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p38
The article provides an answer to a question of how to achieve desired flow with throttle pumps.
- Study of Pumps in Multiple Connections. Ajayi, K. T.; Mofikoya, D. K. // Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering & Applied Sciences;Apr2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p221
Experimental investigation on the performance of different arrangements of pumps involving two single pumps operating at different fixed speeds was undertaken. The pressure and flow rate were measured using pressure gauges and calibrated flow meters at strategic locations in various arrangements...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // WaterWorld;Jan2004, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Introduces products of interest to water utilities and other water-related activities. Pipe flanges; Chlorine test strips; Coating inspection instruments; Ultrasonic flow meter; Waterproofing systems; Non-clog pumps.
- Flow conditioners. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Sep2007, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p19
The article discusses the uses of flow conditioners that stabilize material process flow for effective manufacturing performance. Many of these devices require specific piping practices in order to operate properly. If one tries to fill too much equipment into too little space, this creates flow...
- How to have water when the power's out. Romanelli, Vince // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p48
Offers information on having water in farms even during power outages. Hooking up of a hand pump with an electric pump to an existing well; Installation procedure; Sanitization of the water system; Precautions when shutting down the system and when there is a danger of freezing.
- Technology Showcase. // Chem.info;Oct2008, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p36
The article evaluates several products including an abrasion resistant piping from Abresist Corp., three new IP66-rated cased peristaltic pumps from Watson-Marlow Bredel Pumps Inc., and the Chloritrol valveless metering system from Fluid Metering Inc.